[SOLVED] Aorus monitor brightness issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Datplatypuswag

Reputable
Jan 17, 2020
Whenever my monitor displays a high percentage of dark pixels the screen brightness goes down by alot. It doesn't happen all that much when I'm just browsing because there's always relatively bright things on the screen. The only time it really get in the way is if I'm watching a movie in full screen or playing a game with dark areas, this includes horror games, any game with a day/night cycle or any game you might go underground or into a dark room.

My point is it's almost unavoidable when it comes to gaming.

I've looked everywhere for an answer, I've tried tips for laptop users on a whim, non of them worked.
I've tried updating GPU drivers, didn't work.
Set my GPU power management to best performance, didn't work.
Tried playing around with GPU colour settings like one user suggested to someone with a vaguely similar issue, it didn't work.
Tried freshly reinstalling my display drivers, didn't work.

I've only found one other person who had the exact same issue as me and tried all the methods they told him to do and still nothing. He never updated the thread to say if any of the tips worked.

The specs for my computer are:

Monitor: Gigabyte Aorus CV27Q-SA

GPU: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080 super GV-N208SWF3OC-8GD

CPU: AMD ryzen 7 3700X

Motherboard: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite

these are all the parts I assumed could be the culprit.

ill include a video of what the problem looks like, sorry for the horrible quality, but it's not possible to capture this issue on capture software.

View: https://youtu.be/mQQEXo64NIM

Solution
After almost 15 hours between today and yesterday, ive finally found the issue. For any one having the same issue as i had with an Aorus monitor heres the fix. You simply have to download osd sidekick off of the Gigabyte website, as well as the most current firmware update (mine was f6).

You'll then need to plug in your usb connector to the monitor then your PC, run osd sidekick and run the firmware update. YOU CAN NOT POWER DOWN THE MONITOR, i assume its like updating your BIOS, but i wasnt willing to test that out today. Wait for the update to finish and TA DA, no more annoying flashing.

I hope anyone with the same issue as i had can find this post and fix the problem.

Datplatypuswag

Reputable
Jan 17, 2020
After almost 15 hours between today and yesterday, ive finally found the issue. For any one having the same issue as i had with an Aorus monitor heres the fix. You simply have to download osd sidekick off of the Gigabyte website, as well as the most current firmware update (mine was f6).

You'll then need to plug in your usb connector to the monitor then your PC, run osd sidekick and run the firmware update. YOU CAN NOT POWER DOWN THE MONITOR, i assume its like updating your BIOS, but i wasnt willing to test that out today. Wait for the update to finish and TA DA, no more annoying flashing.

I hope anyone with the same issue as i had can find this post and fix the problem.

Solution
Jun 3, 2020

I was having the same exact issue. I followed your instructions and went to the Aorus site and downloaded the latest firmware for my monitor and installed it via OSD Sidekick. My FI27Q-P is working perfectly now. Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.