[SOLVED] Aorus Z390 Won't Recognize Hard Drives

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 6, 2018
New build with some old parts from my previous system. I cannot get get the mobo to recognize the hard drives, neither the ssd or the hdd. Windows install media doesn't show either of the drives as an option. I'm fairly new to PC building. Have been scouring the internet with no luck.
Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Elite (new)
i5 9600k (new)
GSkill Ripjaws DDR4 3200 (used)
Corsair RM 750x (new)
Corsair H100i v2 (used)
Samsung EVO 8601tb (Used but barely, does have OS from other system on it)
WD Blue 5200 2TB (has files from old system on it)

Nothing else is attached to the new system yet. If anyone has any ideas I would be eternally grateful. Also, while in BIOS, my cpu is humming at 4.3 ghz and the temp steadily increases until I have to turn it off. Fans on H100i increasing in speed. I haven't let it get above 70 before shutting it down. I'm guessing my pump isn't working while in BIOS? I know that it kept my overclocked (4.6) i5 7600k super cool all the time. I can't really mess around in the BIOS too much without worry of my CPU overheating.
Thank you

Dec 6, 2018

Thanks Count for your input. Windows 10 pro and I'm not using M2's at all. Both hard drives are SATA.

Dec 6, 2018

You're correct, it's an 860. I've been looking at 960s lately and I guess I had a freudian slip. I'll update my post.

Sep 18, 2019
Windows 7 ?? No driver for M'2 SSDs.
When you install M.2 SSD, two of SATA connections may be disabled.
Thanks! That actually worked. I tried multiple sata cables and changing bios settings. None of that worked. Then I switched the cable to a different port and it worked. Now I can use my m.2 and my disk drive together.

Reactions: CountMike
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS