AP: Yahoo! CEO Will Get $47M in Comp. for 2009

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JonnyDough

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2007
[citation][nom]rajangel[/nom]well. now that she has 47.2 in her pockets. she is gonna secretly sell it. then she will quit.[/citation]

Except for one problem, she'll make a lot more if she can raise the value of the stock first. No doubt if they're paying here these wages she's already rich. I'm guessing with the stocks there's some sort of lucrative contract that states she must raise the value of stocks x amount before she is fully vested.

neiroatopelcc

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
[citation][nom]JD13[/nom]All the CEO CFO COOs are not worth garbage! They're one of the main reasons the US is hurting: Greedy little sellouts! They take all the credit & deflect all of the blame & still get a bonus when their company is in the toilet. They rather put millions into offshore accounts then pay their employees.[/citation]

I haven't studied american economics, but I doubt the executives wager is the sole reason american industry is hurting.
European executives are equally overpaid in the private sector, so it's hardly a big drawback for a business (as all have the same drawback, it's equalized).

In any event, I find it fair that someone who has the responsibility is awarded with a higher paycheck than those just following orders. I may not think they're doing their job well enough to get that big a bonus, but sometimes individuals can be worth such an investment.
Schumacher was for ferrari, and jobs was for apple. Who knows if she is for yahoo? Yahoo's search is still better than bing, and their messenger is working more reiably than msn, so perhaps they're doing something right. I just prefer google anyway (and am content with msn since icq went downhill after the aol purchase)

And they are wondering why the company has issues...
If I could do that CEO gig for 1 year I'd retire.
You could invest that money and just live off the intrest for the rest of your life.
If you invested and got 10% intrest each year, you'd get just under 5 million dollars a year! Even if the intrest was more modest you could still live off that money.

neiroatopelcc

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
[citation][nom]dark_lord69[/nom]And they are wondering why the company has issues...If I could do that CEO gig for 1 year I'd retire.You could invest that money and just live off the intrest for the rest of your life.If you invested and got 10% intrest each year, you'd get just under 5 million dollars a year! Even if the intrest was more modest you could still live off that money.[/citation]
You're not expecting the former head of autodesk to be content with an income of 1-2 million do you? (a more rational interest given the current circumstances)

milktea

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2009
If Yahoo's CEO makes $50 Mil, then I guess Google's CEO must make like $50 Billion. Because I haven't been using Yahoo's service for a long long time. I really don't know what Yahoo has to offer?

Status
Not open for further replies.