Question Apex crashing due to overclocked cpu

Aug 12, 2019
Ive been playing apex lately and my game keeps crashing saying overheated or overclocked cpu and this has started happening after turning on gsync if anyone could help that would be great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dec 19, 2018
have you overclocked your cpu and also have you done stress test to see if it runs at acceptable temps? because if you have overclocked it to much it may be overheating and crashing your game like you say it tells you if that is the case maybe try lowering your overclock a little bit and then testing it to see what temps your getting id say (keep in mind im an amateur overclocker) if your cpu after stressing it for 10-20 mins is running at 75c- 85c (85 being the ABSOLUTE max i would go) then try it again hopefully i could be of some help although im not exactly the most knowledgeable person on this forum by any means

Aug 12, 2019
have you overclocked your cpu and also have you done stress test to see if it runs at acceptable temps? because if you have overclocked it to much it may be overheating and crashing your game like you say it tells you if that is the case maybe try lowering your overclock a little bit and then testing it to see what temps your getting id say (keep in mind im an amateur overclocker) if your cpu after stressing it for 10-20 mins is running at 75c- 85c (85 being the ABSOLUTE max i would go) then try it again hopefully i could be of some help although im not exactly the most knowledgeable person on this forum by any means

I have it overclocked to 4.97 and everything else runs perfectly fine but this hasn’t happened with this game before it just started happening when I activated gsync so maybe that might be putting the temps to high for it I don’t really know

Aug 12, 2019
And that 750 watt power supply is?

You should never be overclocking without testing for stability.

And again, what is the exact error message you're getting?

6e866c5803bf0d7bad85c96debf6646e.jpg

thats the error code and the power supply is a Corsair 750 watt power supply

antb201

Prominent
Feb 26, 2019
My game freezes on a 4800 ghz too and it doesnt happen with any other game ever. I also have a 9700k and asus (tuf) z390 plus wifi motherboard. If I turn overclocking off then I have no problems but I obviously want to be able to overclock without hassle