Mar 17, 2019
Hi, I'm looking to find out if you guys are having the same problems Iv been having with trying the get Apex Legends to SLI. I started of with the latest Geforce driver "419.35" and went the through Nvidia Profile Inspector and changed the Profiles to Apex Legends, Nvidia predefined number of GPUs to use on Sli rendering mode on Direct x10 to 0x00000002 SLI_PREDEFINED_GPU_COUNT_DX10_TWO, Nvidia predefined Sli mode on Direct x10 to 0x00000002 SLI_PREDEFINED_MODE_DX10_FORCE_AFR clicked Apply several times and launched Apex Legends. The games started up fine but when it came to the ready screen FPS dropped to 7 - 10.... NOT GOOD!!! I did some research on the web and stubbled upon a thread saying disabling "Spot Light Shadow" in the games graphics settings will fix the low FPS problem it didn't.

So attempt number 2, keeping the Profiles to Apex Legends I changed the Sli Compatibility bits (DX10 + DX11) from 0x00000004 (the Battlefield 5 one, somewhere in its ridiculously long name it does say Apex Legends) to 0x000000F5 (the Titanfall 2 one) applied the same settings as before clicked Apply and Launched Apex with "Spot Light Shadow" disabled. Now the game is only running one card, so back to the Profile Inspector keeping all settings the same but changing Sli Rendering mode to 0x00000002 SLI_RENDERING_MODE_FORCE_AFR clicked apply and launched the game. Now both cards are working in sync but I'm only seeing Fps gains of 15 - 20.

Attempt number 3, keeping all settings the same I changed the Sli Compatibility bits (DX10 + DX11) to 0x020000F5 ( the Titanfall one) clicked Apply, Little to no difference.

Attempt Number 4, Keeping all settings the same I changed the Sli Compatibility bits (DX10 + DX11) to 0x080000F5 (the Shooter game one) clicked apply, again little to no difference.

Attempt number 5, Keeping all settings the same I changed the Sli Compatibility bits (DX10 + DX11) to 0x080112F5 (Star Wars Battlefront II one) clicked apply and seen massive FPS increase in menus and gameplay going from 45 - 60 FPS to 150+ FPS which is awesome apart from the shadows flicker, artefacts and black dots at the start of the game this soon settles down after a minute or 2. But the boards displaying character ingame and in the menus flicker constantly and the grass a trees flicker a little but its not to noticeable. If this is as good as it gets I'm fine with that but I would just like to know if anyone one has managed to fix attempts 1 - 4 as a have read that some people have it working as good as attempt 5 but with out the flickering etc. Also please try all of the above methods above if your trying to get Sli to work in Apex and let me know how you get on.

I have tried every combination of Nvidia predefined Sli mode on Direct x10 0x00000002 SLI_PREDEFINED_MODE_DX10_FORCE_AFR/2 etc and Sli rendering mode 0x00000002 SLI_RENDERING_MODE_FORCE_AFR/2 etc with all of the Sli Compatibility bits (DX10 + DX11) stated above. I have even tried rolling back to the "419.17" driver but this made no difference. Gpus are both running at 1974 GHZ with a load of 70 - 100% Im guessing it a case off turning a few things off or on but I have no idea so any help would be awesome.

System Specs:
Intel i7 8700k @ 5ghz
2x 1080ti stock clock speeds

Thanks for reading Brad.