Apigy Unveils Smartphone-Controlled Keyless Lock

Status
Not open for further replies.

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
Oh, I can do that with my Samsung Flip Phone.
I call home before I enter the drive way and the kids will unlock the door for me :)

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
[citation][nom]Pennanen[/nom]In the future, criminals dont need to steal your keys or break in, just hack through the doors.[/citation]

Incidentally, over the years we had 5 break ins in our homes. Nobody EVER came thru the front door !
3 thru windows in the back, 2 thru doors in the back from the yard.

craig_1000

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2011
Nope they just have to walk past U close enough to steal the codes, please don't fool urself into thinking that the NFC feature has not been cracked yet. Always believe that if it's computer driven and works it can be hacked. Try walking past a bunch of keys and see if U can replicate them as easy.

Step 1 [strike]steal[/strike] find phone
Step 2 press button and say 'Siri take me home'
Step 3 swipe the phone over locking device.
Step 4 leave phone and a written messge for the unfortunate person.

Worst idea I have heard for a security device.

Vorador2

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2007
[citation][nom]craig_1000[/nom]Nope they just have to walk past U close enough to steal the codes, please don't fool urself into thinking that the NFC feature has not been cracked yet.[/citation]

To steal the code, they're need to be really close. Like in-your-face close. And the NFC chip needs to be working, which usually isn't even active when you're not using it.

For them is far easier to just break into trough a window. Same result, far less complex.

InvalidError

Titan
[citation][nom]craig_1000[/nom]Nope they just have to walk past U close enough to steal the codes[/citation]
If they haven't done a half-baked job, there should be two-way authentication and encryption between the locking device and the NFC device to prevent "drive-by" key-lifting.

Status
Not open for further replies.