[SOLVED] Apparently my PSU is "potentially dangerous"

Hallahawk665

Prominent
Jun 17, 2020
I read the PSU tier list at the top of this forum and I found the name of the PSU that I have which came with a prebuilt gaming PC.
It's a Tacens anima apb550 atx 550w 80 plus bronze and for some reason on the tier list it's listed as "only for very cheap systems" and "potentially dangerous".
The PC I have is nowhere near "very cheap" and so I was wondering whether I should keep this PSU or replace it with a new one ASAP.
Any help is appreciated.

Lutfij

Titan
Might want to list your full system's specs for your build. Yes, looking at images for that PSU, doesn't inspire confidence. If you'd like to retain the investment you've made towards your build, I highly suggest investing in a reliably build PSU.

Reactions: King_V

Hallahawk665

Prominent
Jun 17, 2020
Might want to list your full system's specs for your build. Yes, looking at images for that PSU, doesn't inspire confidence. If you'd like to retain the investment you've made towards your build, I highly suggest investing in a reliably build PSU.
My specs are
  • AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
  • 16GB DDR4 RAM
  • 480GB Intenso SATA 3 SSD (windows 10 boot drive)
  • 2TB HDD
  • Nvidia RTX 2070 by Zotac
  • ASRock motherboard

Hallahawk665

Prominent
Jun 17, 2020
UPDATE: I gave up on replacing my PSU because the 24-pin connector JUST. WON'T. COME. OUT. I looked up all the videos and tutorials I could and nothing I tried worked, so I guess if the PSU blows imma just hang myself or something, idfk
EDIT: I finally managed to get it out and replace it, it was way too hard though xD

Last edited: