Apple Believes It Invented Wireless Charging, Patents Idea

Status
Not open for further replies.
[citation][nom]mousseng[/nom]And Tesla powered street lights wirelessly 119 years earlier. Glad to see the field's taken off so quickly![/citation]
It doesn't matter. If Apple was a car manufacturer they would patent the wheel and sue the rest of the world for it.

arnoldlouie

Honorable
Aug 13, 2012
Yes they should. all apple devices comes with wireless charging since 2010. They should patent it. Like slide to unlock they were the first. Adam and Eve should be sued for eating the fruit that resembles apple's logo. Washington Apple should be named Washington heart shaped fruit to avoid copyright infringement.

bustapr

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
watch how the USPO approves the patent. I sure as hell wouldnt want that to happen, but sadly, USPO is the lead in Apple rimming.

heero yuy

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2010
[citation][nom]house70[/nom]It doesn't matter. If Apple was a car manufacturer they would patent the wheel and sue the rest of the world for it.[/citation]
dont give them ideas D:

G

This is the reason why I continue to support open-sourced products. They promote growing off one another's ideas rather than gaining knowledge and selfishly hoarding it; even if the idea isn't the most efficient in design or nature.
The beauty of open-source is that the community gets to shape the product and shape it to what it is supposed to be rather than what a single company or small group of minds THINKS it should be.

AndrewMD

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2008
It's too bad most on this forum failed reading... Patents are given when 1. the idea or concept is new or 2. has provided new or improved enhancements to existing patents. Since Apple's exploration in Wireless charging began in 2010 with the idea of enhancing a current design, this is the reason they filed the patent.

In any case, Apple, just like any other company has the right to file for patent protection. Just because they are the biggest fish doesn't mean they should slow down or stop working for others to catch up.

If Apple was not around, we would all still have 3.5" floppy drives in our beige box computer because companies like HP, IBM and Acer just want to sell cheap boxes without innovating or just plain updating.

Also, it is quite apparent no one else here holds a patent or has something worth patenting. On the other hand, I hold a couple patents, so protection of my I.P.s are important to me and my company.

Status
Not open for further replies.