Apple Breaks Tech Records in Q1; 37 Million iPhones Sold

Status
Not open for further replies.

burnley14

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2009
the net quarterly profit of $13 billion, or $13.87 per share, was one of the most profitable quarters ever for any U.S. company, second only to ExxonMobil's $14.8 billion quarter in 2008.
Wow. Hate Apple all you want, but they certainly know how to rake in some cash.

jerrspud

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2009

so true. You would think that the economy would better if people have that kind of money to throw down on devices that cost so much more than comparable devices

supall

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2011
With the launch of the iPhone 4S on all the major carriers (does T-Mo have an iPhone?), this isn't exactly surprising, in my opinion. People waited for their upgrades and bought the phone for the holiday season, despite critics who lambasted the small upgrades. In all likelihood, their profit isn't going to fall much since the announcement of the iPad 3 is also right around the corner and people will eat that up, too.

malicemizer

Distinguished
May 24, 2011
I love hearing news like this. All the apple haters are crying and whining about stuff like, "waaaaa I can't customize the interface whaaaaa apple didn't invent some random thing first". I lick the tears off their faces.

kartu

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2009
[citation][nom]malicemizer[/nom]I love hearing news like this. All the apple haters are crying and whining about stuff like, "waaaaa I can't customize the interface whaaaaa apple didn't invent some random thing first". I lick the tears off their faces.[/citation]
Why on earth would they?
Apple has 14% of smartphone market share worldwide yet it makes more profit than remaining 86%.

You know what that actually means? That it is milking mentioned 14% real hard. Get used ty paying 50$ for a cable my dear.

kartu

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2009
[citation][nom]amk-aka-phantom[/nom]Who the hell buys all that stuff? According to Apple, every American must be hooked up with an iPhone by now...[/citation]
Brand loyality is 90%+ so I guess the same guys keep buying slightly refreshed version of the same.

motheninja

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2011
All the apple haters can keep on hating. Iam not a fanboy of Apple but their iPhone is slick. No android can compare and their iPad too in unrivaled or at least was but the Transformer Prime is looking like an iPad Killer but then again the Xoom looked like an iPad killer and the XOOM was raped. so if the iPad 3 can't match Prime, then Apple is fucked. But Mac OS can suck one though. Windows and Linux for life!

Envinyanta

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2009
[citation][nom]amk-aka-phantom[/nom]Who the hell buys all that stuff? According to Apple, every American must be hooked up with an iPhone by now...[/citation]

Actually the 37 million iPhones sold is worldwide, not just to America.

rawful

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2011
[citation][nom]motheninja[/nom]All the apple haters can keep on hating. Iam not a fanboy of Apple but their iPhone is slick. No android can compare and their iPad too in unrivaled or at least was but the Transformer Prime is looking like an iPad Killer but then again the Xoom looked like an iPad killer and the XOOM was raped. so if the iPad 3 can't match Prime, then Apple is fucked. But Mac OS can suck one though. Windows and Linux for life![/citation]

What do you mean no Android can compare? Even Steve Wozniak said he wishes his iPhone could do things his Android phone did. Apple puts sub-par equipment in a slick case and jacks up the price by 700% and somehow convinces morons to buy it.

burmese_dude

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2011
Android for life here. Got no love for Apple but their HQ is in Cali, my state. So I guess that's good that they're profitable. No issue for me.

amk-aka-Phantom

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2011
I've had some time testing my friend's iPhone 4S now and I can say that the interface is super smooth, high-res icons, etc. It looks really nice and the phone is fast as hell. And I'd still choose a Galaxy S2/Note over it due to more hardware functions and same speed! Just the same way I choose Win7 over Linux... Compiz looks REALLY cool, but to hell with that coolness if the OS can't do what I need. Same here.

nycteris

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2012
[citation][nom]del35[/nom]Just a reminder of how dumb many of the people out there are.[/citation]
In other words, anyone who likes what you don't like is a mindless sheep and financially retarded.

dietcreamsoda

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2011
This isn't surprising at all. I went from Android to an iPhone 4S and would never, ever, go back. Android devices and the OS itself looks and feels so shitty by comparison.

amk-aka-Phantom

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2011
[citation][nom]soldier37[/nom]Android sucks and so do Apple haters. Get over yourselves. Android isnt the savior you think it is.[/citation]

STFU hypocrite, a couple of months back you've been ranting about how you got the Galaxy Nexus so that you can feel superior to the "iPhone kiddies". At least keep your BS synchronized so that you don't embarrass yourself!

brandoncatz

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2010
[citation][nom]burmese_dude[/nom]Android for life here[/citation]
So, if Android starts falling behind in terms of technology, or the phones they are putting it on just blow, you'll stick with them? No one should be that loyal to a brand unless they own the freakin' company. If you hate Apple maybe stay open to the idea of using WP7 or any other future OS.

hoomanium

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2011
Haters gonna hate, Potatoes gonna Potato, and Apple's gonna make more money. If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it here.

ericburnby

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2010
654,000 iOS devices every day for this last quarter. And the 4S wasn't even available until mid October.

700,000 Android devices per day (according to Andy Rubin).

The difference is nobody knows what those Android devices comprise, how many are garbage phones locked to their carriers, feature phones running Android or those $200 tablets. Suddenly that 700,000 doesn't seem so impressive anymore.

Prey

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2006
most apple consumers are sheep, they have brand loyalty that is only rivaled maybe by the Hee-icks in the chevy vs ford battle. Could you imagine all the wool you could get from all the apple fans.. insane.

sonofliberty08

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2009
at the day all ppls hooked up with an icrap things, the judgement day will come

Status
Not open for further replies.