Apple Claims Google Warned Samsung About Copying iPad

Status
Not open for further replies.

hotroderx

Distinguished
May 15, 2008
This is so dumb it makes me sick to tell yea the truth. This goes to show you how inferior a product apple produces. Also tells me they have zero confidence in there products anymore.

I guess there new strategy is to sue any competitor for every little thing possible until they give up and withdraw from the market.

Whats next is Apple going to start suing company's who make there products have a white or black shell. Since Apple products come in White and Black.

This to me would be like Intel Suing AMD because there processors are both Square use Sockets to connect to the motherboard.

G

That's ok, because when this is all done, Samsung will not only have to apologize to everyone for stealing, but also have to pay Apple. Samsung should be required to apologize to me personally, as well as all other AAPL shareholders, for the shenanigans.

Good guys always win in the end! Go AAPL good guys!

zzz_b

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2008
I do not understand how can Apple say that Samsung copied the iPad, because one has a 4:3 ratio while the other one has 16:10. Nobody sees the difference???

whiteodian

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2010
They look different enough to me. I wonder if the sphere or the color white has been copyrighted. I better get on that. I will make millions in lawsuits.

[citation][nom]zzz_b[/nom]I do not understand how can Apple say that Samsung copied the iPad, because one has a 4:3 ratio while the other one has 16:10. Nobody sees the difference???[/citation]
Not if you doctor the images you bring to court.

It seems like they do not bring the devices or something. Anyone should me more then able to tell them apart. It is kind of sad to be honest.

phatboe

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2006
If the claims that Samsung stole design concepts from Apple are true then why are they suing HTC and Motorola? OK I can sort of give Apple credit, the old Samsung TouchWiz 3 UI looks similar to Apple's iOS especially the icons. But suing them because the tablet is rectangular? Swipe to unlock? The rest of Apple's argument's need to be thrown out.

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
Anyone notices how Monitor manufacturers copy each other's designs?
a 1920x1080 screen with a black border (bezel) around it, 4 corners -either pointy or rounded- and a power on/off switch.

That should be illegal too!
Come on monitor people. don't copy... bring your own designs !
I want a 14.5:9.25 aspect ratio, elliptical pixels, hexagonal corners, the on/off switch on thebase of the monitor stand and a pink "glow in the dark" bezel. Than let's patent that design of course :)

/sarcasm

[citation][nom]AAPLGOODGUYS[/nom]That's ok, because when this is all done, Samsung will not only have to apologize to everyone for stealing, but also have to pay Apple. Samsung should be required to apologize to me personally, as well as all other AAPL shareholders, for the shenanigans.Good guys always win in the end! Go AAPL good guys![/citation]

Apple had to doctor photos just to screw Samsung over this much in previous lawsuits. What chance do you think that they have of winning when a lot of what they said that Samsung did, Samsung didn't even do? Is this what a good guy does?

sundragon

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2008
[citation][nom]HotRoderx[/nom]This is so dumb it makes me sick to tell yea the truth. This goes to show you how inferior a product apple produces. Also tells me they have zero confidence in there products anymore. I guess there new strategy is to sue any competitor for every little thing possible until they give up and withdraw from the market. Whats next is Apple going to start suing company's who make there products have a white or black shell. Since Apple products come in White and Black.This to me would be like Intel Suing AMD because there processors are both Square use Sockets to connect to the motherboard.[/citation]

"Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery" ~ Charles Caleb Colton

So inferior that they are copied to the point that people warn them?

You must have borrowed Steve Job's "reality distortion field", LOL

[citation][nom]chromonoid[/nom]I actually with apple suing everyone the can.... i mean, this is a capitalist country, you compete with everyone to get more and more money, and thats the ultimate goal, MORE MONEY so apple is only eliminating its competition however it can so dont hate the player, hate the game[/citation]

Capitalism is equal opportunities. Apple is doing what they can to ensure that no one else has an opportunity. Apple's not abiding by capitalism, their actions are a perversion of capitalism.

Miharu

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2007
And Apple design is copied on Sony and Samsung.
This pattern doesn't make sense in the first place!

UK say Samsung doesn't copy Apple but Apple scream HARDER to the world... like a cry baby that doesn't get what he wanted.

Now they use what Google said against Samsung... for justify their madness.
No point on that... It's not because someone warn that is really mean something.

Apple also say stupid thing.
Like they drop EPEAT for finally returns to EPEAT because this wasn't good for their image.
Like they will do the UK campaign "Samsung doesn't copied Apple design" and in the other hand, they scream louder outside UK. Can't you accept that you "LOSE"?

Now I just want a judge to invalidating this generic design patent.

The only thing Apple did.. is being the first to market (with that kind of design) and being the first to patent a generic design something that phone maker don't do because they accept direct competition (fair play).

To chromonoid: one bad player can turn a good game in boring one. So the problem wasn't the game since the game was fun before.

Cazalan

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2011
Ever get a task assignment that you knew was impossible?
That must be how Apple lawyers feel.

This lawsuit is purely an extent of Job's narcissism. An admitted stealer of designs and ideas.

iPhone was stolen from Sony concept art. lol
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1257891/Samsung_unredacted_trial_brief.pdf

Tablet layouts have been around for over 2 decades. In both movies and prototypes.

Apple owes Samsung for their essential patents, attorney fees and damages. This can only go bad for Apple. Apple is destroying their credibility as a late comer to the phone market.

[citation][nom]Miharu[/nom]And Apple design is copied on Sony and Samsung.This pattern doesn't make sense in the first place!UK say Samsung doesn't copy Apple but Apple scream HARDER to the world... like a cry baby that doesn't get what he wanted.Now they use what Google said against Samsung... for justify their madness.No point on that... It's not because someone warn that is really mean something.Apple also say stupid thing.Like they drop EPEAT for finally returns to EPEAT because this wan't good for their image.Like they will do the UK campaign "Samsung doesn't copied Apple design" and in the other hand, they scream louder outside UK.Now I just want a judge to invalidating this generic design patent.The only thing Apple did.. is being the first to market and being the first to patent a generic design something that phone maker don't do because they accept direct competition (fair play).[/citation]

Actually, Apple didn't bring the first tablets, smart phones, or anything (to my knowledge, maybe they did bring something to market) to market. They simply managed to get those markets moving.

subaru41

Feb 6, 2006
[citation][nom]freggo[/nom]Anyone notices how Monitor manufacturers copy each other's designs?a 1920x1080 screen with a black border (bezel) around it, 4 corners -either pointy or rounded- and a power on/off switch.That should be illegal too!Come on monitor people. don't copy... bring your own designs !I want a 14.5:9.25 aspect ratio, elliptical pixels, hexagonal corners, the on/off switch on thebase of the monitor stand and a pink "glow in the dark" bezel. Than let's patent that design of course /sarcasm[/citation]

+1

The Galaxy Tab may look somewhat like the iPad, but the OS is completely different.

So for how many years have Computer Monitors, CRT's, TV, etc, have the same look, shape, sizes and so forth. Apple needs to grow up and stop acting like a child. If Apple TV comes out, how many LCD, Plasma TV and computer monitors will it look like?

ojas

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2011
[citation][nom]HotRoderx[/nom]This to me would be like Intel Suing AMD because there processors are both Square use Sockets to connect to the motherboard.[/citation]
:lol: +1

Miharu

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2007

"Apple didn't bring the first tablets" surely not. But they are first to market that kind of design.
So now they think they own the market.

"moving"... you can also call this evolve...
This evolution come with good and bad things.

From my point view, this evolve the game to a patent war game.

The last player to start in the game want to mute, bully, scare, bring out of business all competitions and grow to the point that is no one left. This bring a concept of "hardcore capitalism" like never seem before.

And the way they doing it, it's claim they "invent" everything since they have the patent.
This is just arrogant.

ohim

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2009
Sincerely Fuk you Apple with your iPad claims! I own the iPad design!

Signed: Basic geometry!

The American patent system should give to Apple the circle/wheel patent and get it over with it already, but should keep it only for US with this stupid patents.

f-14

Distinguished
i believe apple is SOL as they copied star trek's designs and showing numerous clips of that show negates any and all arguments apple has to any such claims on designs and both should be ordered to pay the estate of gene roddenberry and the creators of said such design.

that should shut them both up.

Status
Not open for further replies.