Apple Now Worth More than Google and Microsoft Combined

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bin1127

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2008
[citation][nom]itpro[/nom]Who was it that said that slavery was not profitable? The were obviously wrong.[/citation]
who said that? Give me 100 slaves and I'll turn blood into gold.

beardguy

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2010
You have to give Apple some credit. The company was on the brink of total failure and it made a come back with the iPod. Microsoft has been behind the times for awhile. While they still produce some nice products (Windows 7) they have been losing steam for a long time.

Remember when Microsoft was on top of the world? everyone hated them. I think the same will happen to Apple. In fact, it's already starting to happen to Google.

Competition is a good thing, and Apple is forcing Microsoft ( and lots of other companies) to reinvent themselves in order to compete. The only Apple product I own is an Iphone, but I realize they have created some great products. Yes they are overpriced as hell, but people would not buy them if they were shit. I have always hated the lock-down mentality of their products, but from an aesthetics and UI perspective, they simply make some amazing products.

joytech22

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
Why did you guys thumb me down? -.- imo there was no real reason to, was it because I forgot to bash Apple for all the recent lawsuits and other stuff?

Sorry.. lol

p05esto

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2001
Tom's is starting to suck. Computer enthusiasts do NOT buy or use lame, closed system and overpriced Apple products. We've been telling Tom's and other tech sites this for many years and they STILL are not listening. Hear us now: WE DO NOT WANT TO HEAR OR READ ABOUT APPLE CRAP. We like performance computers, things we can tinker with and build ourselves. Apple products are for sheep and retarded hipsters who drive hybrid vehicles and sit at Starbucks.

Please don't mistake this for Apple-hate, but their stock price is determined by speculators and game players in the world's markets; gamblers, not investors. Yes, Apple is a large and successful company, but specifics like this I believe are irrelevant. If enough banksters get a wild hair next week, these numbers could be meaningless. A lot of money will get moved around, certainly; the banksters leech off that for their lavish sustenance (while not adding to it). This is what determines the "value" that stories like this report. Take it with a great big sack of salt.

ap3x

Distinguished
May 17, 2009
[citation][nom]p05esto[/nom]Tom's is starting to suck. Computer enthusiasts do NOT buy or use lame, closed system and overpriced Apple products. We've been telling Tom's and other tech sites this for many years and they STILL are not listening. Hear us now: WE DO NOT WANT TO HEAR OR READ ABOUT APPLE CRAP. We like performance computers, things we can tinker with and build ourselves. Apple products are for sheep and retarded hipsters who drive hybrid vehicles and sit at Starbucks.[/citation]

lol, your hilarious.

kanaida

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2010
What he says is true though. I come here to see Nvidia, AMD, Intel battling it out and new chips. I haven't read one really good article in a while. I could care less if apple changes the paint on their phone, eventually they'll disappear anyways because the mentality. Even worse when they do write about apple it's crap like this.

impreza

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2006
Apple has been driving the mobile development where all the tech has been happening so is this really suprising? but they better be careful as companies like samsung are really starting to eat into their sales, there is a reason apple keeps suing htc, samsung and others for so called patent infringements. They are afraid the cheaper devices that are not so locked down could take their sales and apple is really starting to lack in the highend smartphone. The s2 shows why apple may be about to fall from the top, it does everything the 4s does but better.

teodoreh

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2007
...thanks to good Foxconn people working their ass for a penny and thanks to a series of overpriced products. Oh dad, what a (stupid) world!

mosu

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2010
Taking the risk of repeating , this is a solid proof that not all people are smart(just the contrary) and it looks like in the near future a lot of people will lose a lot of money as Steve's aura dissipates.

kaisellgren

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2007
The way Apple takes advantage of their employees, I can't help but get disgusted by them. I never have and never will buy anything from them.

in_the_loop

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2007
(theirs includes Sweden, which has a gross domestic product of $458 billion).

This is a very bad comparasion. The GDP is what is produced in a single year (products and services). I can't be compared to the whole value of Apple(produced over all years). For apple their revenue last year was just $108.25 billion
And also, if you include all the assets in Sweden it would far, far more if we are comparing the total worth of the two if somebody would actually try to buy them. Often this is said that a company could buy a smaller country, but they forget to include all the roads, buidlings or just plain landvalue etc and just count the GDP.s

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
[citation][nom]hotsacoman[/nom]That's awesome!!! Now pay your factory workers you assholes.[/citation]

Questionable choice of words maybe; but 100% on Target :)
Well, like the overblown housing 'boom' the Apple boom will deflate itself as well.
You can sell people only so many phones and tablets.
Then what. Apple is a company with a surprisingly small product selection.
Always a dangerous thing as markets and consumers can be fickle at times.

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
[citation][nom]p05esto[/nom]Tom's is starting to suck. Computer enthusiasts do NOT buy or use lame, closed system and overpriced Apple products. We've been telling Tom's and other tech sites this for many years and they STILL are not listening. Hear us now: WE DO NOT WANT TO HEAR OR READ ABOUT APPLE CRAP. We like performance computers, things we can tinker with and build ourselves. Apple products are for sheep and retarded hipsters who drive hybrid vehicles and sit at Starbucks.[/citation]

You are so right!
Tom's "Hardware" Guide is slowly drifting into Tom's "Shopping" Guide.
Apple has slick designs and an excellent Marketing strategy; you've got to give 'em that.
But the products are definitely not aimed at Tech people, Engineers or anyone who knows how to tweak a computer. With Apple you get what you get; with a PC (Windows, Linux or whatever) you get a 'baseline' that you now can improve upon.

I have a screwdriver. If your case has no screws I am not buying :)

billybobser

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2011
Products are unreasonably priced, and people gladly pay for them.

As long as Apple can hang on to it's sheep, and continues to cut overheads (getting stuff made under questionable labour methods) they are going to be very attractive to investors.

It's nothing to do with good and bad, right or wrong. They make loads of money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS