Apple's Giving its Customers a New Kind of Screw

Status
Not open for further replies.
[citation][nom]joytech22[/nom]What's Apple got to hide?If you buy something you should be able to do whatever you want with that object even if it means pulling it to pieces.[/citation]

You forget. Apple is all about control. That's why they control the hardware in a Mac, the software on their hardware and even the little components in each device. Going Apple means you don't have control over pretty much anything. Notice how they don't allow Flash on iOS? I'll bet they soon block it from being developed for OSX.

That's one of the biggest reasons why I don't have a single Apple product in my home. That and I can't justify paying 2x or more the price. My LG Ally with FroYo can do everything the iPhone 4 does and it only cost $25 bucks.

pocketdrummer

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2007
Give it time. Someone will develop a screw driver (apple priced, of course) in a little while.

This is why I built a PC...

On another note, Torx is better than Phillips. It's designed NOT to strip out, as opposed to phillips, which is actually meant to strip after a certain torque load.

The Apple "torx" is just a douchy move.

Thor

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2004
And later they will not permit to use their products without our finger print.
Apple is a big joke.
Just lucky for now to have no competition.
But they will stay like that forever even when they will have less than 1 bilion in the pucket searching for what they sell no more products.
Smile

Thor

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2004
And they are people who think JObs is a genius.
Hahaha
And other they are generous.
Sure miserly people are generous.
:)

bobusboy

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2009
[citation][nom]alyoshka[/nom]You're screwed..... now that for sure Giving a whole new meaning to the screwing the customer business[/citation]

In apple speak they'd say you're helically wrapped around an incline plane.

maxh2

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2010
No, plane was the correct spelling.

They probably have a patent on the pentalobe screwdriver and gonna start prosecuting people who try to sell it... What a huge turd apple is.

lashabane

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2009
[citation][nom]abottig[/nom]Does this make anyone else really really mad?[/citation]
No, I have other things that are much more pressing.

kkiddu

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2009
Wow. This adds a whole new dimension to screwing.

This is just one of the reasons why I, despite loving every bit of my friends' iPod Touches can't bring myself to buy one. The other being that Apple sells 50 cent rubber pieces for $30.

ltbob

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2010
I wonder what happens if they say in court (I know who sues for a screw) but imagine this "You don't own the iphone we do" pfft I'll laugh

Status
Not open for further replies.