Apple's Jony Ive Says Company Goal Isn't to Make Money

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bigdragon

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2011
Could have fooled me. If Apple's goal isn't to make money then it must be to stifle competition by filing for patents on everything obvious or in which has been done before in some other capacity. Apple's goal is to be evil. It's clear with that recent autosave patent.

joebob2000

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2006
It's nice to see the mantle of reality distortion has been rightly passed to Johnny Ives. Steve Jobs has taught you well, when something comes along that you disagree with, simply disagree with the notion and not with the statement! Apple shows dip in earnings for Q2 2012, and PRESTO! "We arent here to make money, nothing to worry about, we are losing because we are the best" well perfect, until next quarter when profits are up again and it will be PRESTO! "we are here to make money, and we made lots, and thats why we are the best."

teh_chem

Honorable
Jun 20, 2012
Bullshit. Your goal is to make your board members and share-holders money. Your personal motivation MIGHT be to make great products, or products you have pride in.

But anyone who says what he said isn't a spokesperson for the company.

Apple wants your money and they want to preserve their brand. As such, their goal will always be to make money.

Timberwolf_CLT

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2010
[citation][nom]del35[/nom]It would be nice if they actually made "great products" to begin with. I went from hating Samsung and Microsoft to actually becoming their defender and fan. That just about sums up how great Apple's products really are.[/citation]

That's a very good point. I've always suspected that they've desired all along to obtain the one ring and "in the darkness bind" us all.

Just remember, most folks don't care about "good" just about something being shiny enough to make their associates envious...

v90k

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2012
ROFL is this guy kidding? First off, any business that says there goal is to NOT make money is pure BS plain and simple. Second, a company who has there products made overseas and then sells it for a exaggerated amount of money is BS (i.e. Macbook Pro vs Asus G75). Third, patent trolling and going sue happy to dominate the market and eradicate competition is BS. Fourth, making a campaign ad that clearly makes your users look like they're stupid is BS. And fifth, telling your customers that they are holding there iphone wrong is lazy BS.

So to sum it up the company is full of BS. Call me what you want but at the end, my life is still good without Crapple. If i can mass produce and market a product that prays on people's ignorance, then I'm sure I'd be as rich as them. Too bad cause I couldn't live with the guilt at the end.

billgatez

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2012
Not in it for the money. But there Computers cost 2 to 4 times as much as any other. And they sue over any little thing.

wish they'd do this kind of interview in live tv, would like to see the people's reaction :)

i dont use apple laptops but when my friend was looking for ram upgrade (for his apple lappy), wow

prakalejas

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2005
Not for profit? So they made foxcon workers salary bigger? So they invested that money in future developement (buying successful companies is not investment)? So they established some sort of donation or charity service (like Bill and Melinda)? They got lucky with couple products and are not willing to give up profit at any cost.
All I see is bla bla bla, give us your money...

force550

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2012
Apple - we enjoy trolling around....

and when we can't come up with some ''neat'' trolling statements we just go and sue somebody

baconeater

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2011
A new Nissan GTR is faster than a Ferrari 458, but it's almost 1/3 the price. But EVERYONE wants a Ferrari over a Nissan.

Apple does make great products until recently no one was offering all one piece milled aluminum chassis. They have the latest Intel processors, at least it's modern. Although expensive.

G

That's good then you won't mind slashing up to $500 off iphone prices (if you don' care about profits that is). I know he is just trying to make his evil, stealing, greedy company look better; but if you want to make great products how about not locking them down so i can only use t the way you like.

Status
Not open for further replies.