Apple's New iPods Get Torn Apart and Examined

Status
Not open for further replies.

tipoo

Distinguished
May 4, 2006
So where is the gold plate that adds 90 dollars value to the Nano?

Seriously, they stripped out so many features from the previous one, its just a Shuffle Plus now.

tsnorquist

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2009
If the new Ipod touch had the Iphone 4's camera, it'd be worth the price they are asking. But seeing that it has the same quality camera my netbook is running, it totally disqualifies me from looking at it.

smeker

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2010
[citation][nom]tsnorquist[/nom]If the new Ipod touch had the Iphone 4's camera, it'd be worth the price they are asking. But seeing that it has the same quality camera my netbook is running, it totally disqualifies me from looking at it.[/citation]

Right..... so it has a way better screen than iPod touch 3G, faster CPU/GPU, 256MB RAM, Built in mic, front and rear camera, Is thinner, lighter and has a better battery life than the iPod 3G and it's the same price as the 3G was.... and somehow this is not worth....?

Are you smoking crack? .. or you just like talking trash about any Apple article....

AMW1011

Distinguished
[citation][nom]smeker[/nom]Right..... so it has a way better screen than iPod touch 3G, faster CPU/GPU, 256MB RAM, Built in mic, front and rear camera, Is thinner, lighter and has a better battery life than the iPod 3G and it's the same price as the 3G was.... and somehow this is not worth....? Are you smoking crack? .. or you just like talking trash about any Apple article....[/citation]

Yeah I'm not seeing whats so special about it. There are far better products on the market, a good example is that new Archos 43. It has full flash, a bigger screen, expandable memory (gasp!), plenty of music and video codecs, doesn't require iTunes, has a nicer camera, HDMI out, USB host, Blue Tooth tethering, and all at a lower price. What does the iPod have? Some screen resolution gimmick and video chat, wow...

smeker

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2010
[citation][nom]AMW1011[/nom]Yeah I'm not seeing whats so special about it. There are far better products on the market, a good example is that new Archos 43. It has full flash, a bigger screen, expandable memory (gasp!), plenty of music and video codecs, doesn't require iTunes, has a nicer camera, HDMI out, USB host, Blue Tooth tethering, and all at a lower price. What does the iPod have? Some screen resolution gimmick and video chat, wow...[/citation]

Well for one the Ipod touch does not feel like a brick in your pocket, and the Archos does.

Than it has a better screen, battery life, way more apps, and VLC just submitted their player to the Apps store so if that gets approved you'll be able to play moves from different codecs.
Did I also mention that the GUI is way smoother on the iPod touch than on the Archos

jgv115

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2009
[citation][nom]tipoo[/nom]So where is the gold plate that adds 90 dollars value to the Nano? Seriously, they stripped out so many features from the previous one, its just a Shuffle Plus now.[/citation]
They obviously want users to buy the new iPod Touch.

iPod touch = app store = $$$ for apple

smeker

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2010
[citation][nom]jgv115[/nom]They obviously want users to buy the new iPod Touch.iPod touch = app store = $$$ for apple[/citation]

You are probably right...

G

Apple products come with a level of refinement that borders on annoying. They are expensive, because an IPod isn't an IMusicplayer, its some sort of convergence device. Functionally, microsofts zune is just as capable and just as refined but lacks the appstore/any kind of apps whatsoever.

Archos? no. seriously, are you talking about how cool it looks in a magazine add or do you actually have one? Here is the difference, and it is one of the things that matters most. IPods become items that are put in pockets as part of a morning routine. An Archos player is something that you decide to take with you.

I really do hate iTunes, there is some undefinable thing about it that I can hardly stand. That said, I can do a lot from the appstore right on my iPad and rarely have to touch full iTunes.

Android phone (droid1, chevy rom), iPad, iPod nano, Zune v1, Windows7, ubuntu linux. im no apple fanboy, but there is no denying the polish of apples products vs their competition.

p4nz3rm4d

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2010
Guy 1: Hey, how much did you pay for that mac?
Guy 2: $1500
Guy 1: So it must have a nVidia 8800 and like 4GB of RAM right?
GUy 2: No, onboard graphics and 1GB of RAM
Guy 1: So why was it so much?
Guy 2: The keyboard is nice

... this also applies to these ipods...

G

NOT an apple lover by any means, but apple products are beginning to get closer in price. I didn't think I would ever buy anything apple, but I am giving the touch a good look. It really looks like a pretty good value for the money.

G

I think we all know Apple makes some pretty nice profit margins. Thanks to its wonderful marketing and brainwashed loyal Apple fans. As long as the products work flawlessly I think that's fine. But lately their have been some real flaws in Apple's core. I think Apple's quality in a finished product has diminished.

Status
Not open for further replies.