Question Applications in full screen losing focus to desktop

shiftymcfly

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2012
I am having an issue where applications/games that are in full screen, or even windowed full screen for games are losing focus to the desktop. Depending on the application sometime even jumping out of the application to the desktop. This includes games, VLC, Youtube, Netflix etc.

I have reinstalled my video drivers and run full health checks on the machine. I have tried doing a clean boot and still encounter the issue. I am truly running out of ideas here. Would love to know if anyone has had this issue or any ideas on what could be causing this.

shiftymcfly

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2012
Have you scanned the system for malware? Anything odd running in Task Manager that seems to be eating CPU or memory cycles?
I have done full system sweeps for malware and viruses. System performance looks good too, nothing out of the ordinary running. I did uninstall the Nvidia software and reinstalled it. Haven't run into the issue yet while playing a game, but it is only been like and hour or so.

shiftymcfly

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2012
Any recurrences since reinstalling the Nvidia software?
Actually no. I would be very happy if that is actually the fix. I will give it the rest of the weekend and report back if I see it happen again. I played pretty much all night and it never happened after the uninstall/reinstall of Nvidia Geforce Experience.