[SOLVED] Apps & Features Taking all my SSD Space, Confused!

Skankie

Reputable
Jul 24, 2017
Hi All,

My work PC was only built a couple of months ago, with a Samsung EVO 500gb SSD.

I was sure to put all my work files and set download folders to the HDD, with the only things on the SSD being software such as Thunderbird, Chrome, etc.

Windows alerted me to my surprise that my memory storage was full. It states that 429gb is being used by Apps & Features, however when I click on this and sort by size they do not add up to anywhere near this amount. There isn't a single app over 1gb, and only 14 apps over 1mb.

Another strange happening, was it said I had around 600mb free. So I deleted 9gb of temporary files, refreshed and now have 300mb free!

I am baffled by what could be causing this and am currently unable to do any work. I would highly doubt this sorcery is a from a hardware defect as it is a top quality SSD and I've never even had problems with cheap SSDs before.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Skankie

Reputable
Jul 24, 2017
Looks to me like you have not directed storage to the HDD.
You have only 37gb used on the HDD.

Yes all my work files are on the HDD. It does not take up much space as none of it is media. All my work folders are on the HDD with shortcuts to them on the Desktop so not to take up space on SSD which is just meant for my OS and various pieces of day to day software such as browsing, emails etc.