bobjackieson

Reputable
Dec 30, 2017
Need this for my new build and don't have a disc drive to install the drivers. Will this allow me to use the Internet long enough to download them?

bobjackieson

Reputable
Dec 30, 2017

bobjackieson

Reputable
Dec 30, 2017
All the Wifi adapters I've bought need driver installation to be launched as the first step (ie before you plug in the adapter) otherwise it won't work. Don't know of any that work straight out of the box ie plug & play.
Sorry if I'm being a pain! I always have used WiFi card but I don't think that my board will have the room for one after I install my GPU.

Will this work? Doesnt need to be fast. Just enough to install everything and get my pc up and running on mc realms.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00AHXXJVW/ref=cm_sw_r_other_apa_i_.18vEbE72EA8F

Or
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07P61ZJCF/ref=cm_sw_r_other_apa_i_c.8vEbAZSGN02

Last edited:
Do you mean instead of the USB adapter.

Those devices can in some ways be used as a wifi adapter you connect via ethernet. You really need to disable the repeater function for best performance and use it as a simple client-bridge.

It all depends what driver you are missing. why don't you just download drivers to a USB stick on the computer you are using to post to this forum.

bobjackieson

Reputable
Dec 30, 2017
Do you mean instead of the USB adapter.

Those devices can in some ways be used as a wifi adapter you connect via ethernet. You really need to disable the repeater function for best performance and use it as a simple client-bridge.

It all depends what driver you are missing. why don't you just download drivers to a USB stick on the computer you are using to post to this forum.

Using mobile. My evga w1 blew and wiped out my mobo and cpu.

Not real sure if they all work that way but I can use my mobile as a memory device. You should be able to download the driver to the phone storage and then plug the phone to the pc with a USB cable. All I have to do is some setting in the phone to allow it, the computer does not need any special drivers.

bobjackieson

Reputable
Dec 30, 2017
Not real sure if they all work that way but I can use my mobile as a memory device. You should be able to download the driver to the phone storage and then plug the phone to the pc with a USB cable. All I have to do is some setting in the phone to allow it, the computer does not need any special drivers.
Doesn't matter anymore thanks though. Getting a tp link powerline kit for £25.