[SOLVED] Arctic Freezer II 240mm AIO on the 11700k ? Will it give me decent temps ?

Jan 5, 2022
I recently imported a prebuilt pc due to customs my only option was to buy MSI aegis. As expected the CPU temps were off the charts, even started crashing so after a bit of research on Reddit and youtube I decided to import the FUMA 2 for my intel i7 11700k. It handles it well, but temps are around 75c while gaming the GPU also runs hot at around 80c but I am planning to repaste and change the thermal pads of it. My dad is currently abroad and I am asking him to bring me the Arctic freezer II 240m can't fit the 280m at the top. I want to maybe buy the 360m but I have to mount it at the front and the airflow from the front is already really tight so not sure how fitting the 360m will make things better as airflow from the radiator is pretty bad.

The heat from the CPU makes the whole room warm and sweaty I prefer to keep it way below 70c and looking to mild OC in the future, my question is will the Arctic AIO be a better upgrade over the Fuma 2 or should I wait more 6 months to change the case and buy a bigger AIO still very expensive.

How good is the Arctic freezer II 240m, does anyone run it on a 11700k ?

Any advice on this will be helpful

Solution
The heat generated by your cpu and gpu will be delivered to your room, and will be the same, regardless of the cooler.
What is the make/model of your case, and what is the fan arrangement?
That is what is important to keeping your parts cool.
Both coolers will be about equally good at cooling.
Air is simpler as a rule.
It not only cools the cpu, but also the motherboard vrm's.

Your temps are fine.
80c. is a usual target temperature for a gpu.
The card is designed to run at 80c.
75c. Is fine for the processor.
The processor monitors it's own temperature and will slow down or shut off to protect itself if it detects a dangerous temperature.
That point is about 100c.
Kitguru did a test of the Freezer II 240 on a 9900k and it performed very well. To give you some reference from the review your Fuma 2 will perform around that of the Dark Rock Pro 4.
Overall the Freezer II 240 is one of if not the best cooling 240mm AIOs out there. Odds are it will cool better than your current cooler.

Reactions: nirmalvishal
The heat generated by your cpu and gpu will be delivered to your room, and will be the same, regardless of the cooler.

Your temps are fine.
The processor monitors it's own temperature and will slow down or shut off to protect itself if it detects a dangerous temperature.

Reactions: saltweaver
Solution
Jan 5, 2022

Your temps are fine.
The processor monitors its own temperature and will slow down or shut off to protect itself if it detects a dangerous temperature.
Makes sense, very bad case Gungnir 100r by MSI it's from a prebuilt intake at the front and exhaust at the back as usual. Since the airflow is bad I was thinking getting an AIO mounted at the top might reduce the heat but if you are saying there won't be any difference between Fuma 2 and freezer 240mm I won't go ahead and buy it. Though looks like I have already placed my order on the arctic freezer.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
The heat you are feeling is not from the operating temperatures of the hardware, but how much power they are using.
That's why, even if you were to put a larger cooler on the cpu and get 30C lower temperatures, your room would still get 'warm and sweaty'.

Cpus typically do not use that much power in comparison to gaming gpus, the part that contributes the most to making your room sweltering.

Jan 5, 2022
I would suggest a case with better airflow, over getting a new cooler.
That I could have done it in the first place but, the place where I am at right now it's impossible I will have to import case it is too large and heavy so 240mm AIO seems like my only option for next few months my main concern is will the results be similar or better on the AIO. With the AIO based on @jeremyj_83 post I believe I will be getting almost 10c lesser than the Fuma 2, also I am getting my dad to bring thermal pads and thermal paste for the GPU up to 15c change in temps after repasting on my specific GPU so I am believing temps will be a lot less or I might be totally wrong and there won't be much of a difference, call it a poor investment like how I bought 4 extra fans for 45 dollars so that I can improve my airflow and with the Fuma 2 cooler obtained no good results. The point is I am not really happy with 80c while gaming, come on. At least 65c to 75c but not more than that. It feels weird plus I am not even overclocking on a fully unlocked processor. I am sure an AIO can handle partial OC.

KyaraM

Admirable
I think your issue is the case, not the cooler. Try to play a game or two with the left side of the case removed, and then see where temps are. However, while at the higher side for sure, 70°C isn't a bad temp for either part.

I picked a not so great case, as it turned out, myself at first. Temps of my CPU (12700k) got to 70°C quickly with spikes to over 80°C and I felt pretty uncomfortable, too. I then opened the side and temps dropped by 10°C instantly. I made a new side panel, opened the top and installed two fans, one intake on the side and one outtake at the top. I'm now playing at under 60°C at pretty much all times.

EDIT: Forgot to mention. What you can also try is to undervolt your GPU and CPU, if you didn't do that yet. My GPU cores never reach 70°C anymore and the card is OC'd on top of it. CPU can profit, too. If you just want to play around and see if it works, download Intel Extreme Tuning Utility and MSI Afterburner and play around a bit. Watch a video if you are unsure what to do for the CPU. It's pretty straightforward, though, you essentially just reduce voltages until the system gets unstable, then up the voltage again to the last stable one. GPU is similar, but Afterburner gives some nice options with curve optimization that fastens the process quite a bit. If you are unsure what to do, just ask. Got my 3070Ti to run at 2010MHz and 0.975V, but I'm sure I could go a bit lower still.

Last edited:
Jan 5, 2022
I think your issue is the case, not the cooler. Try to play a game or two with the left side of the case removed, and then see where temps are. However, while at the higher side for sure, 70°C isn't a bad temp for either part.

I picked a not-so-great case, as it turned out, myself at first. Temps of my CPU (12700k) got to 70°C quickly with spikes to over 80°C and I felt pretty uncomfortable, too. I then opened the side and temps dropped by 10°C instantly. I made a new side panel, opened the top and installed two fans, one intake on the side and one outtake at the top. I'm now playing at under 60°C at pretty much all times.

EDIT: Forgot to mention. What you can also try is to undervolt your GPU and CPU, if you didn't do that yet. My GPU cores never reach 70°C anymore and the card is OC'd on top of it. CPU can profit, too. If you just want to play around and see if it works, download Intel Extreme Tuning Utility and MSI Afterburner and play around a bit. Watch a video if you are unsure what to do for the CPU. It's pretty straightforward, though, you essentially just reduce voltages until the system gets unstable, then up the voltage again to the last stable one. GPU is similar, but Afterburner gives some nice options with curve optimization that fastens the process quite a bit. If you are unsure what to do, just ask. Got my 3070Ti to run at 2010MHz and 0.975V, but I'm sure I could go a bit lower still.
I know I will change it as soon as I move from this country I am in right now, not possible to buy a case here. I can only get someone to bring me the cooler hence the post. I did undervolt it but the gpu no matter what crashes tried everything

TRENDING THREADS