Techhhhy

Great
Mar 19, 2019
Hi I’m just wondering if all of these parts are compatible and if it’s a good build and any suggestions

Motherboard: https://www.ebuyer.com/854871-msi-b450-gaming-plus-am4-ddr4-atx-motherboard-b450-gaming-plus
Case: https://www.ebuyer.com/840663-eg-diamond-atx-tower-case-lpdi001
CPU: Ryzen 5 1600x or 1600 or Ryzen 7 1700 (I can’t decide)
Graphics card: Rx 570 or 580 (I can’t decide)
Ram: cheap suggestions ddr4
I’ve already got storage
Power supply: https://www.ebuyer.com/834999-corsair-vs-series-vs550-atx-power-supply-cp-9020171-uk (Any suggestions)

Solution
Something like this should be good...

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 2600 3.4 GHz 6-Core Processor (£144.97 @ Amazon UK)
Motherboard: Gigabyte - B450M DS3H Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard (£62.96 @ CCL Computers)
Memory: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 8 GB (2 x 4 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory (£54.78 @ Aria PC)
Video Card: Asus - Radeon RX 580 4 GB Dual Video Card (£154.97 @ Ebuyer)
Case: Cooler Master - MasterBox MB600L ATX Mid Tower Case (£41.94 @ Box Limited)
Power Supply: Corsair - CXM (2015) 450 W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply (£47.99 @ Amazon UK)
Total: £507.61
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-03-21 01:04 GMT+0000

Last edited:
Solution

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Motherboard: good VRM's. Looks good.
Case: nice looks, dont know the brand, so no claims on quality. No available reviews.
Cpu: R7 1700 or 2600. The 1700 is better at production, the 2600 is better at gaming.
Gpu: 570 bounces around 60fps. 580 over 60fps. Might think about a gtx1660ti and destroy the fps.
Ram: 16Gb 3200MHz. G-skill or Corsair lpx or Team.
Psu: I don't think so. It's bottom of the line. Corsair doesn't have a worse psu. With the investment you are looking at, you shouldn't be considering anything less than a Seasonic Focus Gold, Evga G2/G3, Corsair TXM Gold, Corsair RMx or similar quality psu. Wattage determined by gpu but nothing over 650w.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
2200G/2400G. The G is for Graphics. Those APU's have an igpu that takes up about ½ the space under the lid. So you get 4 cores + igpu crammed under there, and thats about all. No Lcache to speak of. So the 2200G/2400G use your system memory as Lcache, which not only depletes your availabile ram, but also slows things down a little as they talk back and forth. And if you have slower ram, that just makes things worse.

They work great alone, the Vega Graphics are as good as a GT1030, good enough for 4k movies and light gaming, but really nothing AAA with medium graphics. They are a step down from even the R5 1600.

Techhhhy

Great
Mar 19, 2019
I know their integrated hence why I said it would be cheaper because then I don’t need to buy graphics aswell and I’m not sure about my budget as I’m going to be building over a period of 2-4 months maybe 150 max every month

Techhhhy

Great
Mar 19, 2019
I was think about a r3 2200g and a MATX AM4 motherboard with 8gb ram 500 hdd ssd storage 500w power supply Is this a good build? If so I will build it and sell it on my local area for a profit so I can put the money towards a better build as I am still in school and I have no job

Would Ryzen 5 2400g be good, it would make it a lot cheaper aswell

To answer your question: the parts you listed are compatible. But...

I'd suggest staying with the Tomahawk you talked about before, but the B450 Gaming Plus is also a great choice. They both have strong, if not the strongest, VRM designs for B450 boards. Stronger than many (if not most excepting top tier models) X470 boards. Either will provide a solid foundation for later upgrading to Ryzen 3000. You choose which looks best.

With a crippled external GPU PCIe bus (8 lanes vs. full 16 to the GPU's slot) I suggest avoiding a 2400G if you're getting discrete graphics at the same time. Also, it is built on 1st gen architecture so it's really no better than a 1600 in that regard but has 4 cores vs. a 1600's 6. But if you can possibly swing it get a 2600 as that's clearly the sweet spot for a gaming processor and a Tomahawk is the best B450 board to get the most out of it overclocking-wise.

Look at the 1700 if you have heavily threaded productivity apps and tight production schedules (something like rendering or video editing and encoding) that can really put it's 8cores/16 threads to good use. Otherwise the 2600 or, if you need to economize, the 1600.

You are going to get a lot of opinions, most likely none wrong just offered from different perspectives. In the end, it's your decision.

Techhhhy

Great
Mar 19, 2019
Ryzen 3 2200g is enough to get 40-70 FPS most games at 1080p and you can over clock for better performance
I won’t actually be using I’m making just to sell for profit

do not build a computer over several months, just pick a number you can save to, and then spend that money at one time, otherwise you will regret some of your purchases.
So if you think you can save £150 a month for 4 months, then in 4 months - buy the computer @ £600
That way, things will be cheaper and all comes together and no problems fitting it together.

Reactions: TJ Hooker

Techhhhy

Great
Mar 19, 2019
do not build a computer over several months, just pick a number you can save to, and then spend that money at one time, otherwise you will regret some of your purchases.
So if you think you can save £150 a month for 4 months, then in 4 months - buy the computer @ £600
That way, things will be cheaper and all comes together and no problems fitting it together.
I said 150 max some months it’ll be less I’m gonna but a motherboard first of all and then the case and then the cpu and then the ram

TJ Hooker

Titan
Ambassador
I said 150 max some months it’ll be less I’m gonna but a motherboard first of all and then the case and then the cpu and then the ram
Why? By the time you've finished slowly accumulating parts there will likely be better options available (e.g. Ryzen 3000 + 500 series motherboards). RAM and SSD prices have been falling pretty steadily and I believe they're forecasted to keep dropping. By starting to buy things right away not only are you not going to get a complete PC any faster, you're probably going to end up spending more money and/or getting inferior parts. The only things that might make sense to buy early, if you see a really good deal, would be case and PSU.

Hi what motherboard do you recommend
Is there something wrong with the motherboard suggestions you got in your other thread about it? Any of the motherboards discussed in that thread or this one would be fine, it's not going to make any significant difference either way.

You are planning a build with YOUR choice of CPU, motherboard,case, ram, and PSU. Then you expect SOMEONE ELSE to like the choices YOU made enough to to pay you (for a completed PC with basically NO warranty!) enough for you to make a profit? As Hellfire13 said, " Good luck with that!"

That’s a better idea
Look at it this way: On the low end of the computer spectrum, it is very difficult(if not impossible!) to compete with Dell, HP, or Walmart. They have the economies of scale working for them. Where you would buy one of a component, they buy Thousands at a lower per-unit cost than your single part. They also assemble it, include Windows and a warranty. Its not until you get to the higher end computers that you start to see a profit potential.