Are Cherry MX Blue switches bad for gaming?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kypav

Honorable
Feb 1, 2013
I have read that Cherry MX blue switches are pretty bad for gaming, is that true? If so, in what way? I personally adore the sound and feel of them (have tested at a store), but I don't know how they would be to game with. I have also read that they are extremely loud, which could be a problem. I am asking this because I am considering getting a new keyboard and Cherry MX Blue switches was the first thing that came to mind. Currently I have a steelseries 6gv2, which I am pretty satisfied with, but it lacks macros, backlighting and the keys feel fairly blunt.

anyone who tells you blues cannot be used for gaming is lying. they work perfectly fine.

some "hardcore gamers" say that only blacks or reds are good for gaming and i suppose they do have an advantage if you have a playstyle where you do dash or doublejump without letting the key return to full height. honestly though its not really an advantage just a personal preference although they would like to make it seem otherwise. the major con about them though is that they feel like crap to type on compared to blues or browns. basically its like typing on springs (the keys have no "letoff")

blues and browns are much better for typing but also are not bad at all for gaming. personally i like my keyboards clicky and i used blues for gaming with no issues whatsoever (i love buckling springs even better which were even louder).

you tried mx blues out in store so you know how loud they are.... they will be the loud at home too. blues are not extremely loud. ibm buckling spring springs are loud.

if you are comfortable with blues then go with them.

Kypav

Honorable
Feb 1, 2013

Any keyboards with blue switches, blue backlighting and macros that you can recommend? The only enticing keyboard I have found so far is the Razer Black Widow Ultimate 2012, but some people say that it is fragile and that the keys "move" or something. Any thoughts?

shiro321

Honorable
Oct 15, 2013
Beyond the razor there are not many keyboards on the market that have macros, blue switch and blue backlight you would have to sacrifice something to get the others. Though with razor you are sacrificing build quality. Their quality control is known to be pretty bad.

-the CM Storm Trigger has macros and cherry mx blue switches but the backlight is red.

-Corsair Vengeance K90, has blue back light and macro keys but has cherry red switches.

-Corsair Vengeance K70 can have blue switches and blue back lighting but has no macros

-Gigabyte Aivia Osmium has blue backlighting and macro keys but red switches.

i beg to differ. a good keyboard will affect your gameplay.

with that said its not going to turn a bad player pro and a crappy keyboard isnt going to turn a pro player bad.

i can play with my $6 replacement keyboard but i do miss my mechanical. i just dont have the money to buy another one yet.

thdarkshadow

Honorable
Feb 6, 2013

Yeah it wont necessarily make you better but it can be WAY more comfortable. I own and highly recommend the logitech g710+ it has brown(I think thats the color) switches which are the quieter and softer version of the blues. Best comprimise between audible and physical feedback imo. Just check it out its really nice

itzhalo

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2014

Personally I use the Razor Black Widow Ultimate 2013. I like the bright backlighting and they have 5 macros and you can use any key to bind macros to on the Razer Synapse Software

mrfunky07

Reputable
Jul 31, 2014

I love my tt esports poseidon z. Cheap, and efficient. You will really get the bang for your buck. One thing though. The first time I ordered it the left shift key did not work. I think it was a manufacturing error. Might be a reoccurring problem but besides that it is good

Status
Not open for further replies.