Question Are Corsair HX850 and HX1200 cables interchangeable?

Dec 15, 2022
Hi All

I've recently decided to upgrade my GTX 1070 ti to an RTX 3080 ti. The problem is that the new card requires 3 8 pin PCIe connectors, but I have misplaced the rest of mine. A friend of mine has spare from his HX1200. Would I be able to use it on my HX850 PSU?

Thanks in advance!

shengton

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2008
Hi All

I've recently decided to upgrade my GTX 1070 ti to an RTX 3080 ti. The problem is that the new card requires 3 8 pin PCIe connectors, but I have misplaced the rest of mine. A friend of mine has spare from his HX1200. Would I be able to use it on my HX850 PSU?

Thanks in advance!
It's generally not recommended to use power connectors from different power supply units (PSUs) in the same system. This is because the connectors may not be compatible, and using incompatible connectors can cause damage to your computer and potentially pose a safety hazard. It's always best to use the power connectors that came with your PSU. If you have misplaced the connectors that came with your HX850 PSU, you should contact the manufacturer to see if they can provide you with replacements. Alternatively, you could purchase a new PSU that has the necessary connectors for your RTX 3080 ti.