Are CyberPower and Ibuypower reliable?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

TheWolfRj

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2011
Hello,
I have heard a lot of things about both, and I am about to get some money soon, and I would like to know if I can actually trust them.
it would be a custom build on Ibuypower.com
So are they just as good as people say, or just as bad?
I just wanna know before I spend 2000+ on them.

darkbooton

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2010
Same experience as Kent1992. I got lazy one day and ordered from cyberpower. Got a POS. Tech support appeared to be one guy named John who was rude. The second I mentioned RMA they started to attempt to "appease" me to get me past the 30 day mark. Got my money back but will warn anyone to never buy from them.

burnanation

Honorable
Jan 2, 2013
I saw your post and joined this forum to let you know that I've made two purchases from CyberPowerInc. The fist was back in 2003, got a desktop PC on sale worked awesome. After about 4.5 years it was showing its age. So when I went to buy a laptop I ordered from CyberPowerInc.... this is when I learned about the ugly side of CP. I will spare you the details, but when I got the laptop it would crash about 20 minutes after turning on. I sent it back they couldn't figure out what was wrong, never returned my phone calls, tried to charge me for repairs, then when I told them to keep the laptop and give me back my money they tried to charge me other fees.

A month of phone calls to my bank, CP, the BBB was just not worth the gamble. And IBuyPower looks a whole lot like CyberPower, they have addresses that are very close to each other. I'm not buying from either. Going to find someone local that can build a computer for me.

Awesomness03

Honorable
Jan 3, 2013
I do not know about ibuypower but I just built mine for $6000 and I know that during a sale they give you a lot of rebates and the one I built(you can check It out in my profile) I thought they were going to screw up but nope when it came it was perfectly fine. And it came with everything I wanted including the monitor and 3d glasses

Dec 29, 2012
Check out the yelp reviews on cyberpower. A lot of horror stories. I also recently purchased a computer but I ended up going with someone else because I couldn't risk it.

However, it ended up costing about $150 more for the same $1300 computer. Cyberpower is definitely cheaper but when there is such a high chance they are going to screw it up, why take the chance?

Arachi

Honorable
Jan 27, 2013
Agreed, I checked out the yelp reviews on both Ibuypower and Cyberpower and it was honestly quite frightening. I know that problems are inevitably going to happen especially with computers, but it's the way they handle the problems, that they just don't care, is what made me turn away from them. I personally ended up choosing Ironside Computers to build my computer after aramid in this forum recommended them and a few of the reviews I read about ibuypower recommended to use them instead. I placed my order a few days ago. Hope everything turns out all right. :)