Question Are PowerColor cards as good as the other AIBs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DefectedSOul

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2014
I recently bought a PowerColor RX 6950XT Red Devil and ive been pretty impressed and happy with it. before this card ive always had Sapphire cards and never had any issues with them.
now im looking at upgrading the GPU in my wife's PC to something like a 6750XT and im on the fence about going with a PowerColor card for hers. Right Now i can get a PowerColor RX 6750XT on amazon for 450 USD (i saw the 6800XT on newegg for 550 USD a few weeks ago ) where as like Sapphire is closer to 550 USD or 600 USD for a RX6700XT or RX6750XT
i cant seem to find much info out there on the brand but they look pretty solid of a brand and seem to run a decent bit cheaper than other board partners.
anyone have more experience with PowerColor cards?

Reactions: PaulC55
(IMO)
Powercolor started as a budget option. In the past few generations, they've been putting out good quality stuff. Their Red Devil/Dragon/Hellhound cards are generally well-reviewed. Like most other manufacturers, Powercolor does make lower-tier options that need to be carefully considered/researched.

Reactions: DefectedSOul
IMO cooling is the most important difference among GPUs. I've owned Sapphire Nitro+ and Pulse and I can say both are impressive, the Nitro+ as a flagship model and the Pulse as a budget model. The Pulse has good cooling for a budget option. I'd like to see how the PowerColor Fighter stands up for cooling vs the Pulse. I've seen people over the past few years bash the MSI Armor as a budget option because it has poor cooling. So, not all cards are made equally. Just food for thought.

DefectedSOul

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2014
(IMO)
Powercolor started as a budget option. In the past few generations, they've been putting out good quality stuff. Their Red Devil/Dragon/Hellhound cards are generally well-reviewed. Like most other manufacturers, Powercolor does make lower-tier options that need to be carefully considered/researched.
Then its settled ill go with the PowerColor Red Devil 6750XT!:D

Reactions: MrN1ce9uy

DefectedSOul

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2014
IMO cooling is the most important difference among GPUs. I've owned Sapphire Nitro+ and Pulse and I can say both are impressive, the Nitro+ as a flagship model and the Pulse as a budget model. The Pulse has good cooling for a budget option. I'd like to see how the PowerColor Fighter stands up for cooling vs the Pulse. I've seen people over the past few years bash the MSI Armor as a budget option because it has poor cooling. So, not all cards are made equally. Just food for thought.
i believe it was the PowerColor Fighter cards i was seeing people complaining about the fans being noisy and the cards getting pretty toasty. the 6950xt red devil card i have is pretty quite and temps seem pretty good on it

Status
Not open for further replies.