[SOLVED] Are Thermaltake and FSP PSU's any good?

Faaz__

Reputable
Mar 6, 2017
Im basically looking for decent low budget 500-600W PSU and the only decent one's(I think so cuz they're 80+bronze certified) I found are Thermaltake & FSY.
My pc specs: I3 7100-MSI Radeon RX 560 AERO ITX 4GB OC-8 gb dd4 corsair value select-ASUS PRIME A320M-E AMD AM4 mobo
PSU LINKS- http://www.czone.com.pk/power-suppl...wer-supply-spr-0500nhsaw-pakistan-p.8094.aspx

http://www.megacomputer.pk/fsy-hyper-600w-80-plus-power-supply.html

BTW I live in pk and 1 USD Is Equal to 150 PKR and my budget for PSU is 5-6kPKR(I know not alot but that's all I got left after building this thing lol.

Last edited:
Solution
Firstly the TT Smart series is not Bronze rated. So it does lack that certification/efficiency.
Also the Smart series generally are some of the worst ThermalTake have to offer, albeit the Thermaltake Smart RGB series are actually better. I believe ultimately it is still group regulated.

It is an entry level PSU that is not one I would use, but I wouldn't say it is a fire hazard. It's probably decent enough for the price, just not one I would run personally.

I'd tend to always go at least a Corsair CX for a budget friendly PSU. If it was the non-RGB version, I'd say avoid it like the plague, the RGB version i personally still wouldn't have, but it's probably OK for the budget (although someone would have more knowledge than I on the...

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
decent low budget 500W PSU
Those 2 phrases don't often go hand in hand. I've yet to see a low budget and good quality in a PSU.
However there are more affordable good quality units.

Equally the 80+ certification bears little relevance to the quality of the PSU, just typically Gold rated ones are more often than not, better. But there are still poorer quality Gold, and plenty of awful quality Bronze ones.

Unfortunately you can't really judge a PSU by brand, you have to know the specific model in question. For example, Thermaltake make a ton of junk, as well as some decent units, same with EVGA. Seasonic have some dated old platforms and even Corsair make their own budget lines that aren't build for higher load systems (such as gaming systems).

What are the exact models you are looking at as the link you provided does not work for me?

Faaz__

Reputable
Mar 6, 2017
Those 2 phrases don't often go hand in hand. I've yet to see a low budget and good quality in a PSU.
However there are more affordable good quality units.

Equally the 80+ certification bears little relevance to the quality of the PSU, just typically Gold rated ones are more often than not, better. But there are still poorer quality Gold, and plenty of awful quality Bronze ones.

Unfortunately you can't really judge a PSU by brand, you have to know the specific model in question. For example, Thermaltake make a ton of junk, as well as some decent units, same with EVGA. Seasonic have some dated old platforms and even Corsair make their own budget lines that aren't build for higher load systems (such as gaming systems).

What are the exact models you are looking at as the link you provided does not work for me?
The thermal take ones model is SPR - 0500NHSAW

fsy's model no is HP700S-HYPER K SERIES

Last edited:

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Firstly the TT Smart series is not Bronze rated. So it does lack that certification/efficiency.
Also the Smart series generally are some of the worst ThermalTake have to offer, albeit the Thermaltake Smart RGB series are actually better. I believe ultimately it is still group regulated.

It is an entry level PSU that is not one I would use, but I wouldn't say it is a fire hazard. It's probably decent enough for the price, just not one I would run personally.

I'd tend to always go at least a Corsair CX for a budget friendly PSU. If it was the non-RGB version, I'd say avoid it like the plague, the RGB version i personally still wouldn't have, but it's probably OK for the budget (although someone would have more knowledge than I on the RGB versions). Just you get what you pay for with most budget PSUs.

Solution

Faaz__

Reputable
Mar 6, 2017

I'd tend to always go at least a Corsair CX for a budget friendly PSU. If it was the non-RGB version, I'd say avoid it like the plague, the RGB version i personally still wouldn't have, but it's probably OK for the budget (although someone would have more knowledge than I on the RGB versions). Just you get what you pay for with most budget PSUs.
Thank you very much for the info. I think Im'a go with TT for now as it does have warranty on it and I've seen some decent reviews but I'm definetly gonna upgrade in the near future!

Reactions: PC Tailor
Thank you very much for the info. I think Im'a go with TT for now as it does have warranty on it and I've seen some decent reviews but I'm definetly gonna upgrade in the near future!

That is a horrible PSU. Yes... it's cheap... AND it has RGB. You're actually paying more for RGB and accepting that Thermaltake is going to sell you the cheapest PSU possible.... with an RGB fan.

Reactions: Jaysonthesupercute