Jun 18, 2019
hello,
I'm new here and i'm total noob, worse than a noob to be honest.
I'm trying to build my first pure gaming PC. Here are the components I have selected, please feel free to provide me with your opinion and what parts would fit better together, also could you please suggest for me a good power supply for these parts if they even fit together ? and also please tell me if anything will be blocked due to the size of the parts, like for example if the aftermarket water coolers are big or the RAMs are too big and are blocking slots in the motherboard or something or maybe the size of the GPU maybe? Here are the parts:
1- Case : NZXT H700i
2- power supply : Can't yet decide , need your help.
3- video card : Gigabyte RTX 2080 Ti Aorus Xtreme WATERFORCE 11GB
4- CPU : Intel I7 9700K
5- Memory : Team XCALIBUR RGB - DDR4 4000MHz CL18 1.35V ,2x8GB,RGB
6- Motherboard : Gigabyte Z390 AORUS Master
7-
CPU Cooler : NZXT Kraken X72 RL-KRX72-01
8- Storage : Samsung 970 EVO Plus ,1TB
9- monitor
resolution is1920x1080 and the frequency is 60Hz

* Keep in mind that i'm a noob, so try to avoid any pro, jargon language or terms, just keep it simple with your explanation and straight forward when possible.
* The purpose of this pc is just for gaming and editing (Youtube purposes).
* Thank you soooooooo much. any comment is helpful <3 .

Last edited:
Jun 18, 2019
What monitor, resolution and frequency.
Use PCpartpicker, it'll help with compatibility questions.
My monitor has a reslution of 1920x1080 andthe freq I think 60Hz.
i used the pc picker but it keeps saying that (The motherboard M.2 slot #1 shares bandwidth with SATA 6.0 Gb/s ports. When the M.2 slot is populated, two SATA 6.0 Gb/s ports are disabled. ) and also (Some physical dimension restrictions cannot (yet) be automatically checked, such as cpu cooler / RAM clearance with modules using tall heat spreaders. )
any ideas on these notes ?

icedog

Prominent
Mar 27, 2018
If you are going to edit video with this high end pc then you should properly get 32 Gb instead of 16GB. The video card is a watercooling version and you would need to change that to a different version of the video card like the gigabyte aorus rtx 2080 ti xtreme( you dont loose any performance). I would recommend you to buy a 850 watt powersupply that should do the job. Your samsung ssd may be to small if you edit videos and play games so i will just buy a 1tb harddrive https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LNJBA2I/?tag=pcpapi-20 if i were you.

Reactions: ZeStudent
Jun 18, 2019
If you are going to edit video with this high end pc then you should properly get 32 Gb instead of 16GB. The video card is a watercooling version and you would need to change that to a different version of the video card like the gigabyte aorus rtx 2080 ti xtreme( you dont loose any performance). I would recommend you to buy a 850 watt powersupply that should do the job. Your samsung ssd may be to small if you edit videos and play games so i will just buy a 1tb harddrive https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LNJBA2I/?tag=pcpapi-20 if i were you.
thank you soooooooooooo much sir <3

Jun 18, 2019
at 1080p 60Hz, I'm not sure why you are going for a 2080ti.

As to the thought that there is a mismatch between the CPU and GPU, I'd considered that, but before the i9 existed we wouldn't have said such a thing, so i'm not thinking there is a problem.
thank you sir.
So do you suggest I should move to the i9 9900K ?

Jun 29, 2019
And I also suggest that u check your motherboard and aio cooler compatibility as the motherboard u are using has a backplate and will not support a wide range of aio liquid coolers

Jun 29, 2019
Well the backplate is restrictive I have it and it was like hell on surface when I was trying to install my aio as I have the same motherboard the aorus master