Question Are these temps alright?

CosmicNinja

Honorable
Jul 17, 2019
Hello! I recently built myself a new rig after my old one from 2020 started to die on me. It was a 3700x paired with a 2070 super.

This new build has a 5700x3D and a 4070 super 12gb. Wanted to see if these CPU temps are fine in your guys opinions.

When it's idling, my CPU temps are around 35 to about 42c. When I'm gaming, especially on games like RE4 remake, it'll go as high as around 73c when the FPS is uncapped at fairly high settings. I'm on a Noctua NH-U12S for now for the cooler. I'm running a -30 negative offset/undervolt on all cores now too.

Would you say these temps are fine or should I adjust something?

Many thanks!

CosmicNinja

Honorable
Jul 17, 2019
Those temps seem fine for min + max. What is the make and model of your case alongside the make and model of the fans in said build and their orientation?
Thank you for the reply! The case is a Fractal Design Meshify S2 and all of the fans are Noctua NF-F12's, except for the CPU cooler that I put in my original post. Two at the front are intakes while there's one at the back and another at the top for the exhaust fans. I see the temps spike but I understand that's normal for Ryzen chips and all when they boost.