[SOLVED] Are used SSD's worth it???

Solution
I would NOT buy a used SSD in general unless it is very cheap. You don't know how much life is left in the drive nor how hard the drive has been used.

I wouldn't trust my data to something that may be unreliable.

Sure SSDs are more reliable in general than HDDs, but they still can fail. 240gb Kingston A400 SSD bought brand new December 2018, by November 2019 the SSD was 100% dead with all of my data gone. No real warning signs, and it even showed 96% health in Kingston SSD manager like 1 week before it died (just checked out of pure curiosity). Though it was under warranty I still had to pay return shipping for RMA and then I had a PC out of commission for 1 month.

A used drive increases the risk of data loss and failure.
I would NOT buy a used SSD in general unless it is very cheap. You don't know how much life is left in the drive nor how hard the drive has been used.

I wouldn't trust my data to something that may be unreliable.

Sure SSDs are more reliable in general than HDDs, but they still can fail. 240gb Kingston A400 SSD bought brand new December 2018, by November 2019 the SSD was 100% dead with all of my data gone. No real warning signs, and it even showed 96% health in Kingston SSD manager like 1 week before it died (just checked out of pure curiosity). Though it was under warranty I still had to pay return shipping for RMA and then I had a PC out of commission for 1 month.

A used drive increases the risk of data loss and failure.

Solution