[SOLVED] Are VRM temps an issue for i5 10400f+H510M-A Pro combo?

Feb 7, 2022
I'm about to build a PC for gaming and I'm having a hard time choosing a motherboard due to concerns about the performance of the CPU.

I'm going to use the I5 10400f+RX 6600 Eagle 8G and I was considering MSI H510M-A Pro as the motherboard. But after some research, I came across the opinion that this budget mobo has a hot VRM and under load the processor did not get the required amount of power, so Turbo Boost would not be possible. Is this true and should I be worried about it while gaming? I would like my processor to perform decently as I play CPU intensive games.

To be clear, I'm on a tight budget and I can't afford the B560 as it's an expensive deal in my region for some reason. I know limitations of the H510, such as memory frequency and others, it is only important for me to know if my processor can get enough power during the game so it can Turbo Boost and reach 4.3 GHz with no problem. I also don't intend to overclock anything.

Below is a list of some components that I have already decided on (except MOBO), if this helps in solving my problem.

Thanks.

PC build:
  • Motherboard: MSI H510M-A Pro (?)
  • CPU: Intel Core i5-10400F
  • CPU Cooler: DeepCool GAMMAXX 300
  • GPU: Gigabyte RX 6600 Eagle 8g
  • Ram: Kingston Fury DDR4-2666 16384MB PC4-21300 (Kit of 2x8192)
  • PSU: be quiet! System Power 9 500w
  • Case: Cougar MX330-G (with 2 extra fans in the front panel)

Solution
I'm about to build a PC for gaming and I'm having a hard time choosing a motherboard due to concerns about the performance of the CPU.

I'm going to use the I5 10400f+RX 6600 Eagle 8G and I was considering MSI H510M-A Pro as the motherboard. But after some research, I came across the opinion that this budget mobo has a hot VRM and under load the processor did not get the required amount of power, so Turbo Boost would not be possible. Is this true and should I be worried about it while gaming? I would like my processor to perform decently as I play CPU intensive games.

To be clear, I'm on a tight budget and I can't afford the B560 as it's an expensive deal in my region for some reason. I know limitations of the H510, such as memory...

kanewolf

Titan

To be clear, I'm on a tight budget and I can't afford the B560 as it's an expensive deal in my region for some reason. I know limitations of the H510, such as memory frequency and others, it is only important for me to know if my processor can get enough power during the game so it can Turbo Boost and reach 4.3 GHz with no problem. I also don't intend to overclock anything.

Below is a list of some components that I have already decided on (except MOBO), if this helps in solving my problem.

Thanks.

PC build:
  • Motherboard: MSI H510M-A Pro (?)
  • CPU: Intel Core i5-10400F
  • CPU Cooler: DeepCool GAMMAXX 300
  • GPU: Gigabyte RX 6600 Eagle 8g
  • Ram: Kingston Fury DDR4-2666 16384MB PC4-21300 (Kit of 2x8192)
  • PSU: be quiet! System Power 9 500w
  • Case: Cougar MX330-G (with 2 extra fans in the front panel)
With an air cooler, and a non-K CPU I don't think it should be an issue.

Solution