[SOLVED] ARGB and RGB problem? I think??

Mar 31, 2020
So I just built a new pc and these are some of the specs:

MOBO: Asus ROG STRIX B450F Gaming
CPU: Ryzen 5 2600x
GPU: GTX 1070 F.E
Memory: 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB
CPU Cooler: Thermaltake ux100

I want to go for an all-white light aesthetic. I got the motherboard, case fans and memory sticks to have white LED's on them but I can't seem to get AURA to recognize my cpu cooler. I think the problem is that the cooler has ARGB headers (one digital and one ground pin), and my motherboard only has x2 4pin RGB headers. Is there any way i can change the color of my cpu cooler to just be a static white instead of the rainbow effect it has right now? Thank you!!

Solution
Most ARGB lighting systems (including the lights in the frame of your UX100 cooler) have a default display setting that is shown if the unit receives no signals on the Control Line from an external ARGB Controller. You don't have one, and you cannot adapt the signals from your mobo's plain RGB system headers for this. So you have no way to change the display of the UX100 - you just have to let it do what it does.
So I just built a new pc and these are some of the specs:

MOBO: Asus ROG STRIX B450F Gaming
CPU: Ryzen 5 2600x
GPU: GTX 1070 F.E
Memory: 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB
CPU Cooler: Thermaltake ux100

I want to go for an all-white light aesthetic. I got the motherboard, case fans and memory sticks to have white LED's on them but I can't seem to get AURA to recognize my cpu cooler. I think the problem is that the cooler has ARGB headers (one digital and one ground pin), and my motherboard only has x2 4pin RGB headers. Is there any way i can change the color of my cpu cooler to just be a static white instead of the rainbow effect it has right now? Thank you!!
RGB and ARGB are not compatible. There's no way to adapt one to other. Should not even try to connect ARGB light to an RGB control pins, Even voltages are different, ARGB is 5v and RGB 12v.

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
Most ARGB lighting systems (including the lights in the frame of your UX100 cooler) have a default display setting that is shown if the unit receives no signals on the Control Line from an external ARGB Controller. You don't have one, and you cannot adapt the signals from your mobo's plain RGB system headers for this. So you have no way to change the display of the UX100 - you just have to let it do what it does.

Solution