Aug 24, 2020
Hi there,

I recently built my first PC. All went well, save for one minor thing - I bought aRGB case fans.
The fans, once connected in series, came with a cable consisting of three female connector pins things (I don't know all the terminology, sorry!), labelled "VDG" from left to right. Now, I have a Gigabyte B550M Aorus Pro motherboard, so this lead was supposedly supposed to connect to the port labelled "D_LED1/2". I lined up the VDG connectors with the corresponding port, but realised that there is a single pin space between the "G" and the "D" on the port on the motherboard. i.e. the pins are, in order, "G_DV", not GDV.

So, if all of that somehow makes sense, my question is this: How the hell do I connect the aRGB component of the fans to my motherboard?

Thanks

Solution
Hi there,

I recently built my first PC. All went well, save for one minor thing - I bought aRGB case fans.
The fans, once connected in series, came with a cable consisting of three female connector pins things (I don't know all the terminology, sorry!), labelled "VDG" from left to right. Now, I have a Gigabyte B550M Aorus Pro motherboard, so this lead was supposedly supposed to connect to the port labelled "D_LED1/2". I lined up the VDG connectors with the corresponding port, but realised that there is a single pin space between the "G" and the "D" on the port on the motherboard. i.e. the pins are, in order, "G_DV", not GDV.

So, if all of that somehow makes sense, my question is this: How the hell do I connect the aRGB component...
Hi there,

So, if all of that somehow makes sense, my question is this: How the hell do I connect the aRGB component of the fans to my motherboard?

Thanks
https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/B550M-AORUS-PRO-rev-10/sp#sp
There are 2 RGB types of connectors on that MB
2 x RGB LED strip headers for "ordinary" (analog, 12v) RGB fans/strips.
2 x addressable LED strip headers (ARGB, digital 5v) strips/fans, they also have similar header but with one pin removed, that one should line up with fan connector that's also missing a place for a pin.

Solution