Armada M700 blank screen

G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq (More info?)

The laptop was given to me and the screen has never worked. The 15pin
VGA though works fine. Anyone ever had to fix the video chip? Any
insight or info would be appreciated. Thanks.

bigsley
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq (More info?)

bigsley <bigsley> wrote in
news:i31nm0pbk318nsek9lr9mj32i2kbh6ddmq@4ax.com:

> The laptop was given to me and the screen has never worked. The
> 15pin VGA though works fine. Anyone ever had to fix the video
> chip? Any insight or info would be appreciated. Thanks.
>
> bigsley
>

On a laptop the wiring between base unit and screen flexes across the
lid hinge. Suggest you look for a faulty wire(s) in that area first.
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq (More info?)

Ok. Reseated the display wires and turned it on. The screen comes on,
but appears reddish, then goes blank after ~20 seconds. There didnt
appear to be any damage inside that I could see. The graphics chip
should be ok I would think if the VGA display was good. Could it be
the wire that connects to the screen? Or possible the screen itself?
Thanks for your help.

bigsley

On 12 Oct 2004 09:57:34 GMT, Frank le Spikkin <zaq@invalid.jp> wrote:

>bigsley <bigsley> wrote in
>news:i31nm0pbk318nsek9lr9mj32i2kbh6ddmq@4ax.com:
>
>> The laptop was given to me and the screen has never worked. The
>> 15pin VGA though works fine. Anyone ever had to fix the video
>> chip? Any insight or info would be appreciated. Thanks.
>>
>> bigsley
>>
>
>On a laptop the wiring between base unit and screen flexes across the
>lid hinge. Suggest you look for a faulty wire(s) in that area first.
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq (More info?)

bigsley <bigsley> wrote in
news:9pgnm0tjr0usr0p954plhjfemfbmf0h4sl@4ax.com:

> Ok. Reseated the display wires and turned it on. The screen
> comes on, but appears reddish, then goes blank after ~20
> seconds. There didnt appear to be any damage inside that I could
> see. The graphics chip should be ok I would think if the VGA
> display was good. Could it be the wire that connects to the
> screen? Or possible the screen itself? Thanks for your help.
>
> bigsley
>

Sounds like you're on the right track. I'd keep looking for wiring
problems.
 

TRENDING THREADS