Mar 2, 2021
Hello guys. I would like to mine ETH and have few questions.
1- is it more profitable to mine on GPU or ASIC in the long-term?
(I was thinking of RTX 3080 vs Innosilicon A10 Pro+. )
2-Should I buy it now or wait?
3-Where can I buy it with stock
and in the end, do you think is it worth it or not.
I really appreciate it If you can help me. Thanks

Reactions: Antler
Solution
-Depends on how you look at it. ASIC s for sure is more profitable and it's one unit you don't need a rig. But you cant mine other coins with it and the warranty is not that useful. for example for the model you mentioned Innosilicon A10 Pro+, it's only 180 days. since they work 24 hours under high pressure they might break soon.
On the other hand, GPU costs more and pays less, but you...

Bassman999

Prominent
Feb 27, 2021
Let me preface by saying I havent mined (yet)
But I have been researching it some.
I noticed the value has dropped significantly over the past few weeks.
Im waiting to see if it goes back up. The falling prices have stopped.
Heres a link to where I have been looking at what cards can ear what.
I have an RX 6800 and 10 days ago it said I would ear about 10-11/day with a single one.
Right now about $5
As far as dedicated miners vs cards IDK, but its an investment that when the market crashes will leave you with a useless machine, whereas a card is still worth something.

Reactions: Tana2day and Antler
Jan 30, 2021
-Depends on how you look at it. ASIC s for sure is more profitable and it's one unit you don't need a rig. But you cant mine other coins with it and the warranty is not that useful. for example for the model you mentioned Innosilicon A10 Pro+, it's only 180 days. since they work 24 hours under high pressure they might break soon.
On the other hand, GPU costs more and pays less, but you have a better warranty and service since they are more popular and probably you have a service center near to cover you. (Unlike the ASICS that factory service is only available in China)
-I've said this before. a few months ago, RTX 3090 was around 1600 USD I told myself, It's too expensive and the market will reject the price. Well, now it's around 2500 USD or more in the market.... So no one knows the future, It might drop or go even higher.
-Check eBay, Miners.eu , Ethergears.com and etc .... . If you go with eBay make sure of the reputation of the seller. used ASICs are easy to fix and repack. If you want qty try to search on Alibaba but again be careful and look for " Ready to ship" tag. they can hold your money and make excuses for the backorder.
-Personally, I won't buy at these prices but it's your money and decision to make. GL!

Solution
Mar 2, 2021
Let me preface by saying I havent mined (yet)
But I have been researching it some.
I noticed the value has dropped significantly over the past few weeks.
Im waiting to see if it goes back up. The falling prices have stopped.
Heres a link to where I have been looking at what cards can ear what.
I have an RX 6800 and 10 days ago it said I would ear about 10-11/day with a single one.
Right now about $5
As far as dedicated miners vs cards IDK, but its an investment that when the market crashes will leave you with a useless machine, whereas a card is still worth something.
I've read somewhere RX 6800 is around half the hash rate power of the overclocked 3080. I stuck with my guts and went with ASIC. ordered two A10 Pro+. Let's see if it can really give me 1500 mh in total. today "asicminervalue" shows around 60$/day for each of them so 120 in total.

Mar 2, 2021
On the other hand, GPU costs more and pays less, but you have a better warranty and service since they are more popular and probably you have a service center near to cover you. (Unlike the ASICS that factory service is only available in China)
-I've said this before. a few months ago, RTX 3090 was around 1600 USD I told myself, It's too expensive and the market will reject the price. Well, now it's around 2500 USD or more in the market.... So no one knows the future, It might drop or go even higher.
-Check eBay, Miners.eu , Ethergears.com and etc .... . If you go with eBay make sure of the reputation of the seller. used ASICs are easy to fix and repack. If you want qty try to search on Alibaba but again be careful and look for " Ready to ship" tag. they can hold your money and make excuses for the backorder.
-Personally, I won't buy at these prices but it's your money and decision to make. GL!
Well. Thanks for the info. I went with ASICs. I'm holding some BTC since 2016. I can spare some for mining equipment. I believe it will work.

syfari

Honorable
Aug 9, 2017
ASICS can be extremely profitable if you can get them very early on in their production runs (in some cases paying themselves off in a matter of days) however their profitability drops pretty quick. And once its down they're basically worthless. GPUS don't make as much but in the case profitability drops; you can still sell them to a gamer or whatnot. It's really just how much risk you are willing to take.