Ask Me Anything - Official Cooler Master Representatives

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

g-unit1111

Titan
Since the trend seems to be shifting toward small form factor PCs, will Cooler Master be producing any cases and power supplies for mini ITX rigs? I really want to make a console-ish portable desktop and I'm having difficulty finding a case I like for this rig.

JPNpower

Honorable
Jun 7, 2013
The Cooler Master V series PSUs were being touted for their extreme efficiency that would be eligible for the 80+ Titanium standard once it was finalized. Do you still make this claim? How does the V series qualify for this legendary rank, but not qualify for the lower 80+ Platinum standard?

CM Nic

Honorable
May 24, 2013

The 80 Plus Titanium quote was in reference to maintaining 90%+ efficiency at 10% loads. Here's the direct quote from MaximumPC

"Efficiency is especially good at low system load, typical when browsing the web or watching videos. Since most PCs spend 90 percent of their uptime in this state, power savings here are much more relevant than 1 or 2 percent higher efficiency at full load," Cooler Master explains. "This is why the future Titanium spec will require 90 percent efficiency at 10 percent load, something the advanced design of the V series already reaches today."

You can read more at JonnyGuru over the review they had. There's a direct quote in there saying that not many platinum units could reach the 10% load testing efficiency that our unit was achieving in their tests.

http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story3&reid=344

jpishgar

Splendid
Overlord Emeritus
As per our last 24 hour AMA, we're going to give the reps from Cooler Master a rest until tomorrow morning to do pesky things like eating and sleeping. Feel free to continue posting questions, but please be patient while the replies slow or pause for the overnight.

Thanks all!

-JP

Drew010

Honorable
May 11, 2013
Another question about your V8 GTS. In the product description it states that it is compatible with RAM <50mm height. I know that for some CPU coolers (like your 212 EVO) it only affects the first RAM slot. Is it the same with the V8 GTS or does it go over more than just the first RAM slot?

dutchling

Honorable
Feb 21, 2012
Hi Cooler Master team, I was wondering when you'd be releasing the "CM Trigger Green" with Cherry MX Green switches and if it would be available in Canada at launch?

JPNpower

Honorable
Jun 7, 2013
What kinds of tricks do you have up you sleeve in any of your components to deal with the problem with dust? Please tell me your tricks with cases, coolers, and PSUs.

JPNpower

Honorable
Jun 7, 2013
Finally (before I sleep 'n stuff too) Why don't you use your fans for your PSUs. It seems very strange that you don't use your expertise in a very very obvious category.

Hupiscratch

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2008
Hi, I've been an user of your products for a long time (I'm using the original Stacker tower yet), and I have two subjects for today:
*Are you planning a successor to the V10, or more specific, a new air cooler based on thermoelectric cooling? Have CM ever considered joining thermoelectric cooling and water coolers?
*As for the second subject, what parameters matters most when choosing a fan? I think (based on some sparse opinions read throughout the internet) that for fans that only need to move air in the case, the higher the airflow the better, but for fans that need to ram air against something, like a heatsink, the best parameter to look for is air pressure. Do you have any opinions on this?

Thank you for attending this Q&A, is great to talk to the guys involved in stuff we use (and rely on) everyday.

snaphook

Honorable
Apr 30, 2013

think of a high airflow and high static pressure fans like 6th and 1st gear in your car. 6th gear has a high top speed but not a lot of power. 1st gear provides good power and acceleration but horrible top speed. A lot of high static pressure fans compensate with a much higher RPM. IF there is no restriction on the airflow, then a fan with a high CFM is what you want. IF you're trying to push/pull air through a radiator, then a fan with high static pressure is better.

Faust86

Honorable
Jul 2, 2013
Hi, I want to ask whether the storm troopers casing with transparent acrylic side window panel will be sold again? Cuz I want to buy trooper but with transparent acrylic side window panel

Dhamilton

Honorable
Nov 27, 2012
This past weekend CMStorm Polt won the MLG Anaheim SC2 tournament.
He has been a favorite player of mine for a long time and was so happy to see him winning the triple crown (championship in korea, eu and us).
So congrats on the team win and thank you for sponsoring e-sports.

I love my HAF 912.

King Hackintosh

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2013
Hello just a quick question I will be building a new computer in late August and I am looking for a CPU cooler for around $100. As of right now, I think I will use the upcoming V8 GTS because of all the great things I've heard about the lower end Hyper 212 Evo.

I am wondering if you plan to release any other CPU coolers that would be better than the v8 GTS for around the same price? I don't care if it is water or air I'm just looking for a cooler that will cool a 4770k @ 4.5ghz.

Thank you very much.

Sincerely,

King Hackintosh

sna

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2010
■ Hey , Simple Question , why don't you make all the fan on the case wireless? using pin contacts instead of wires ? and they all connect to a single hidden fan control board ? which makes changing a fan a snap ?

A quick reminder folks - our Guests from CoolerMaster may be from different time zones from each and other and are definitely a different one from most posters so you may not see responses for a few hours yet.

Take it as highly likely this thread[ is based on Pacific Standard Time - eight hours behind GMT.

Jon_CM

Honorable
May 28, 2013

Our V series power supplies use one of the latest 80 plus gold platforms from Seasonic. So yes you are right.

Jon_CM

Honorable
May 28, 2013

This is a great idea, unfortunately it is patented by one of our competitors.

Jon_CM

Honorable
May 28, 2013

What media type do you use often?

Jon_CM

Honorable
May 28, 2013

We aren't aware of any issue regarding power regulation in the HAF Xb hard drive dock. In fact we use the similar part in the HAF X and the HAF Xm and had no complaints. We did improve the hotswap part, and changed the latest revision to SATA power connector with some minor improvements to the design.

We didn't design the 8th PCI slot because we had to have a removable motherboard tray. The motherboard tray makes installing the parts possible and easy to use.

Water cooling in a chassis is a good idea, but it always is the concern of shipping and total cost. Some people like the opportunity to source all their own components. The DIY lifestyle is here, but it is changing quickly.

What is the most novel feature on an upcoming product in your opinion?
Something like a Cherry MX Blue keyswitch as a power button on a case, something that's pretty out there in terms of what we have seen before.

pwnererer

Honorable
Jul 3, 2013
Hey. I'm a big fan of Cooler Master / CM Storm and I'm happily enjoying your products. Keep up the good work!

I just have a question about one particular product that I'm using, the CM Storm Trigger keyboard. Its software application measures somewhere close to 500MB (mostly because of the multilingual components). Is there any chance you plan to release a lightweight app version for this otherwise great keyboard for the SSD users like us, for which every gigabyte counts and who would like to benefit from the full features of their peripherals at blazing fast speeds?

roph

Honorable
Jul 3, 2013
Hello guys, thanks for the AMA. I've got quite a lot of Cooler Master gear in my house, my 2nd PC lives in a CM Elite case with one of your PSUs, and a few days ago I put some of your Blade Master fans on my water cooling radiator (and it's very quiet!).

With all this CM gear I've been buying though, none have included any Cooler Master decals / case badges. I'm chuffed at how quiet my PC is now using your fans over Antec's, I'd like to show off on the outside :D Could one of you hook me up? :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.