Ask Me Anything - Official Cooler Master Representatives

Page 7 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

slomo4sho

Distinguished

Thanks for the reply Jon. I love the removable motherboard tray of the XB. However, I am unsure what you mean above as I fail to see how the 8th PCI slot would inhibit the functionality of the motherboard tray.

Also, do you recall when the revision was made to the SATA power connector? I have had my case for a while so I am wondering if I have an earlier version.

Lastly, as far as DYI, some of your cases have a removable ceiling. Have you considered making radiator ceilings for cases with the removable ceilings for that customers could buy à la carte? This feature would be most useful in small form factor builds.

CM-Nate

Honorable
May 24, 2013

Trooper Side Panel with window is currently available at the CM-Store. http://www.cmstore-usa.com/cm-storm-trooper-left-side-windowed-panel/

We are also looking into bringing the windowed side panel version of the Trooper stateside.

CM-Nate

Honorable
May 24, 2013

I mentioned the Eisberg earlier in this thread and i would recommend checking it out. You can upgrade and add components to the closed loop at anytime, so if you need to improve your cooling performance you could add another radiator, larger radiator, reservoir etc... Also adding the new jetflo fans to the rads will make nice performance boost.

CMRajiv

Honorable
May 28, 2013

Ahh sorry for the long delay but we just got back in the office!

We released Trigger green already in a small quantity and it sound out fast. We will be releasing a new revision Trigger in the near future with Green and the best way to keep on top of those shipments is our Facebook (fb.com/CoolerMasterNA) or reddit page (reddit.com/r/coolermaster).

CMRajiv

Honorable
May 28, 2013

So were we. Thanks for being a CM fan and we hope to continue promoting e-sports with our teams!

Jon_CM

Honorable
May 28, 2013

The HAF Xb has a size limitation, if we were to keep the motherboard tray removable we would have to make the chassis much bigger to fit the 8th slot. It's not simple.

jpishgar

Splendid
Overlord Emeritus
Hey there all!

As it is now been 24 hours, the "official" AMA is concluded!

Epic thanks to the Cooler Master representatives who took the time out of their schedules to come and answer all the great questions our community had for them. We know this was a lot of work on their end, and we're greatly appreciative of the time taken to engage with the community here at Tom's Hardware. :)

For answering so many questions, an epic thanks goes out to Jon, Nate, Nic and Rajiv for the quick responses (and dubious rickrolling). Also, last but not least, a mega-thanks to Lulu Lin at Cooler Master for helping to put this together on their end and securing the time and info required to feed our ravenous fanbase the goods on what Cooler Master is up to.

As a heads-up, stay tuned to news and articles for the announcement of our next AMA which will be coming next week on Wednesday! We're on a roll with these!

Thanks again to all for making this a great success!

-JP

Status
Not open for further replies.