Ask Me Anything - Official Logitech G Representatives

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blytz

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2013
Chris - tell the LGS that the framework has a MASSIVE memory leak (half a gig of ram chewed in a single league game)

jcaulley_74

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2010
When the "s" series of updates came out for most of your hardware, the G13 was suspiciously absent from the refresh. Was there a reason that the G13 didn't get the refresh along with the others?

I know you won't comment on upcoming products, so I will just say that I would love to see a G13 refresh with the Romer-G keys. You can put me down for the preorder if that one comes around.

TruthKeeper

Honorable
Nov 6, 2013
When will you make a new series like the MX-518? <3 (maybe with a few extra programmable keys)
Also, will you make any mice that's not made of plastic?

LogitechG_Vincent

Reputable
Dec 15, 2014
Hello All.
I am Vincent, Director at Logitech G. I am very happy to participate in Tom's AMA. I look forward to your questions and hope I have answers for each of you.

LogitechG_Vincent

Reputable
Dec 15, 2014

I am happy to see that you enjoyed the G13. That was one product I worked on myself. As you know, I cannot comment on any unannounced products, but I will take your feedback. Thank you.

LogitechG_Vincent

Reputable
Dec 15, 2014

For me, I've been playing some Hearthstone from a new this year perspective. I've also been spending some time in World of Tanks, Defense Grid 2 and I can't stop playing FTL.

LogitechG_Vincent

Reputable
Dec 15, 2014

That is quite and extensive list. Thank you.
I will take your feedback to the team.
I really appreciate that you are such a dedicated fan of Logitech G products. Thank you again.

LogitechG_Vincent

Reputable
Dec 15, 2014

Thanks for the compliment. I am really happy to see fans of our products and the hard work we put in.

danielchew

Honorable
Sep 26, 2013
Hello, logitech i forgot one more thing if i buy the g230 gaming headset...
and plug it in a 7.1 sound card will it be the same as the g430?
thanks for further assistance.

LogitechG_Vincent

Reputable
Dec 15, 2014

I'm afraid not. The G430 comes with a USB adapter which enables the surround sound to work on that headset. The G230 has two 3.5mm connections one for your mic and one for your earphones to deliver stereo sound, but not 7.1 sound. Thanks for the questions.

S117

Reputable
Dec 17, 2014
Having used a Logitech G910 Orion Spark keyboard, I can say that the keyboard is superbly designed (except maybe for the contoured shapes of the keys, but to each his own) . However, the Logitech Gaming Software that controls the lighting effects on the keyboard is lacking in content and features. Are there any current plans to implement per profile lighting effects that can be imported/exported and other features? I would like to see something similar to the level of customization that the Corsair Utility Engine (C.U.E) offers for Corsair's Vengence RGB line of keyboards.

Leoso

Honorable
Aug 6, 2012
Also what is your take on surround headphones/sets, some people say that stereo headphones not only offer better sound quality but also you can get the same positional sound information using stereo headphones. However companies still make 5.1 and virtual 7.1 headphones, is this just a gimmick or there is an improvement on knowing where did a sound come from using surround headphones?

LogitechG_Chris

Honorable
Dec 12, 2014
I'm not sure I understand the question. All of our headphones are stereo in that they only have two drivers. We use Dolby software processing to deliver multi-channel sound. In basic terms, the surround sound software translates the discrete multi-channel audio output from the game into stereo waveforms that integrate all the channels together using the delays, occlusions, reverberations, reflections, and so forth that your ears will actually experience by using HRTF equations that have been well understood since the 70s/80s.

If you want to use our headsets in stereo mode, all you need to do is either turn off 7.1 functionality in the software or not install the software in the first place. The sound quality is neither better nor worse in stereo mode.

danielchew

Honorable
Sep 26, 2013

Thanks for the answers! Okay understood! Logitech Wins! Great responses Thumbs Up!

LogitechG_Chris

Honorable
Dec 12, 2014
I played a few games of Poro King last night and while the LOL client and launcher both were over 500MB, LCore stayed around 36MB. What Logitech G products do you have and what LGS version are you using?

Leoso

Honorable
Aug 6, 2012

My bad then, I though your surround headsets were like this

http://oyster.ignimgs.com/wordpress/stg.ign.com/2012/10/proplusdrivers.jpeg

AndrewFreedman

Editor
Editor
Oct 3, 2014
The AMA has officially concluded!

Thanks a ton to Chris, Vincent and Brent from Logitech G for taking time out of their busy schedules to answer our community's questions. The staff and our users are very appreciative of the time you spent to engage with the community at Tom's Hardware and Tom's Guide.

We also want to thank the team at Logitech that help us put this together, finding time and resources to help make this happen. We appreciate the hard work and your taking the time to let the Tom's community ask questions.

You can expect a digest of this AMA soon, and be on the lookout for more AMA announcements in 2015!

lp231

Splendid
I know you guys can't talk about future product maps, but just want to get this out.

A lot of users including me have the Logitech G700 or G700s, but its battery life is consider quite low compare to your other wireless mice. Are you guys going to improve in it, say be designing it with the ability to install 2 batteries?
Some users have large hands, where the length from tip of the middle finger to the base of the palm is longer than 7 inches. Are you guys planning to build mice for large hand users?
Eons ago, there was a lot of Logitech trackball mice, now all I see are just 2 models. Will there ever be another trackball mice?
The best and part of the Logitech Revolution MX is the side scroll wheel. Please bring that back!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS