Question Asrock AB350 Pro4 and Ryzen 5 no post, infinite boot loop

May 20, 2019
Hello everyone,

I recently upgraded almost everything in my PC, and everything turns on and sound right but it restarts after 20 sec and then infinite boot loops. I haven't seen anything on screen since I upgraded.

my specs are:
  • Asrock AB350 Pro4, AM4, DDR4 2667 (New)
  • AMD Ryzen 5 2600 (New)
  • Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 8GB DDR4-2666 CL-16 SC (New)
  • XFX Radeon HD 7950 3GB GDDR5
  • MaxPro 750W Power supply (New)
Nothing shows on screen so I can't access bios

I can get it to stop restarting by removing the Cpu power from the mobo, but it still doesn't show anything on screen.

What should I do?

I've tried manual CMOS clearing for 4 hours and reseating the ram and cpu
also tried booting without GPU or ram, but same issue.

May 20, 2019
Contacted AMD, but was not able to get a Boot Kit, as the motherboard I have already is P5.10 BIOS.

P5.10 should be enough for Ryzen 5 2600.

What should I do? I'm lost for ideas.

May 20, 2019
I sent my Mobo and Ryzen 5 to the dealership.

They updated the bios and it worked and booted.

But it still bootloops in my setup!?

They said it could be my ram, but my ram is brand new and compatible (according to Asrock website).

now im really lost.

Any ideas?

May 20, 2019
Its not the same ram, assume that why they suspect it is my ram that is faulty.

The differences are:

When I boot up = no post, black screen, infinite boot loop

When they boot with my Mobo and cpu (after they performed bios update) = straight to windows login

they did test that a bios update was needed and it was, but something is still wrong on my end..

The part I'm trying to tease out is how was their set up different to yours such that they could boot up successfully but not you. So we know same motherboard and CPU, but different RAM. To troubleshoot we'd want to eliminate all the other variables (eg. SSDs, HDDs, PSU) before drawing the conclusion it is a specific component (in this case the RAM).

Shame it wasn't tested with your own RAM; could have been more conclusive as a result.

How far out from purchase of the RAM is it? Any chance to claim a refund (because we are assuming it's faulty) or a replacement?

Any further testing would require known working system, but if the option isn't available (eg, a friend's system) then we're pretty much stuck on a likelihood.

May 20, 2019
I have struck a deal with the dealership, that because their "repair" bios update didn't work, they will allow me to drive there and have them have a look at it.

I will update this on thurs-friday when I find out what was wrong :)

Thanks for the help

May 20, 2019
I just out of the hardware repair center. And they could not find the flaw.

They tested in my ATX cabinet with everything in it.

They tested with a different RAM = same boot loop.

They realized that my GPU was defect.
But when they tested with a working GPU = same boot loop.

They also tested with working PSU = same boot loop.

They had never seen a case like this and did not know what to do.

My mobo and ram and CPU was working in their setup.

The only thing I can think of that was different from when they got it working to the testing today was that all the parts were installed in my ATX case. So maybe the case shorts the mobo somewhere?

I really don’t know. Please help

I would like to think that if the motherboard was shorting because of the case they would have spotted it. In which case the best you could do is remove the motherboard from the case and see if it will boot up outside of it (placing the motherboard on motherboard box would be fine).

At the bottom of the POST sticky is mention of additional suggestions for breadboarding (which goes beyond what I've done). https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/breadboarding.534290/
To me it seems the basic idea is to isolate possibly problematic components outside of a case. It will require a motherboard speaker (to hear BIOS beep codes).