AsRock b75 pro3-m problem

Ignacio Alego

Reputable
Jan 7, 2015
Hello Im building my machine and im running into some problems, i plugged in everything the gpu, the cpu, the fan for the cpu, etc. When i tried to start it i get 6 beeps, then i try the one ram method and get a 3 beeps, and then i unplugged the atx 12v cable and the computer runs but no image what soever. I tried searching it and contacting ASRock but no dice. Please any help would be useful.

Specs:
ASRock B75 Pro3-m
Intel i5 3570k
G.Skill Ripjaws X (4GBx2)
XFX 550w PSU
MSI 970gtx

emdea22

Distinguished
6 short beeps indicates you plugged the keyboard on the wrong port or the port is damaged
3 short beeps indicates a ram problem

What do you mean you unplugged the ATX12v? you mean the CPU 8pin? - thats needed...

Ignacio Alego

Reputable
Jan 7, 2015

yea i took out the CMOS battery and did the cleared the cmos. i got this message from pcpartpicker.com about my ram and it says : The G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-2133 Memory operating voltage of 1.6V exceeds the Intel Ivy Bridge CPU recommended maximum of 1.5V+5% (1.575V). This memory module may run at a reduced clock rate to meet the 1.5V voltage recommendation, or may require running at a voltage greater than the Intel recommended maximum.

UPDATE: I'm getting 6 beeps and then 3 beeps repeating like DA DA DA .... DA DA DA