Discussion AsRock Z370 Fatality — the reason why i decided never to no deal with AsRock

Oct 25, 2019
Immediately I apologize for my terrible English, I do not live in an English-speaking country, but maybe my story will save your time and save you from a possible headache.

I’m trying to understand how long it usually takes for the hardware manufacturer’s support department to answer for my question.
In the case of Asrock, the correct answer is – never.

The essence of the problem. I have the board – AsRock Fatality z370 itx/ac. I bought it new for ~$200. I used this board with 8700k and 1080ti and all was ok.

Recently, after going through many different graphics cards, I found out that my board is not compatible with AMD Vega GPU. From correspondence with other owners of a similar board, I found out that there really is such a problem, and Vega GPU only works on BIOS P3.1. I bought several AMD cards, a couple of RX570/580 cards and started trying different BIOS settings and hardware combinations. I definitely found that problem in the motherboard. I wrote a letter to the support service about it, but almost a month passed, I still did not receive an answer. I know that I was not the only one to write about a similar problem on this motherboard. But none of those with whom I spoke did not receive a response from AssRock, and were able to replace this board only with a surcharge, on a similar z390 itx / ac. Do you know what the store answers where I bought the board? This board is working because it works perfectly with other cards, and I just use incompatible equipment. Therefore, it is my fault and there is no reason to replace the board. You know, I would understand if I bought a fee for $ 60, but not when I buy a fee for $ 200, at that time the most top in the lineup. Can u find information about GPU compatibility on Asrock web site? Nope? me too!

Not working with
GPU:
Sapphire Vega 56 Nitro
Sapphire Vega 64
MSI Vega 56
Asus STRIX Vega 64

Working with:

Sapphire RX580 Pulse 8gb
Sapphire RX570 Pulse/itx
AORUS gtx1080ti
Palit Dual OC RTX2080Ti
Sapphire RX590

The board works perfectly with any Nvidia video card, and RX570 / 580/590 video cards. But it’s worth installing a Vega and constant bootloops begin. I’m not an idiot, I tried several different power supplies, different memory in different positions. I tried to pre-configure the bios for vega using rx580. But nothing! The point is how the manufacturer behaves.

I only used AssRock boards for eight years, I had z97 pro4, ab350 pro4, z390 Phantom Gaming and the current Z370 Fatality itx / ac.

Video proof

Last edited: