ASRock Z97M Anniversary + vengeance pro dd3 2400mhz.

ghavier

Commendable
Dec 22, 2016
I will buy a mobo Z97M anniversary + corsair vengeance pro ddd3 2x4gb, i dont know about compatibilities? someone who has this configuration(?) -in the mobo's memory list soport it don't appears.

Solution
Hello... Well it can and cannot... Memory can typically run at lower speeds than the spec'd maximum... the CPU/MB will make several attemps at Boot to find compatible communication settings for them... I would think that you will find the first successful Boot at 1333 or 1600 Mhz. B / But don't expect the RAM/MB to dictate the speed to the CPU... the CPU is the one that needs good communications settings with the RAM and is also in control of things here. B )

Then you will be able to OC or XMP... and find what settings work or don't work... if you "create' a bad setting then just remove your MB battery, clear the CMOS, re-install the battery and the next boot will bring you back to a safe 1333/1600 or previous default.
Hello... the Motherboard does not use the ram... But it does provide a electrical path to the CPU... so there is going to be a freq limited/signal interference path to get there... B / and states up to 3100Mhz

- Dual Channel DDR3/DDR3L Memory Technology
- 4 x DDR3/DDR3L DIMM Slots
- Supports DDR3/DDR3L 3100+(OC)/2933(OC)/2800(OC)/2400(OC)/2133(OC)/1866(OC)/1600/1333/1066 non-ECC, un-buffered memory
- Max. capacity of system memory: 32GB*
- Supports Intel® Extreme Memory Profile (XMP) 1.3 / 1.2

http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/Z97M%20Anniversary/?cat=Specifications

Hello... Well it can and cannot... Memory can typically run at lower speeds than the spec'd maximum... the CPU/MB will make several attemps at Boot to find compatible communication settings for them... I would think that you will find the first successful Boot at 1333 or 1600 Mhz. B / But don't expect the RAM/MB to dictate the speed to the CPU... the CPU is the one that needs good communications settings with the RAM and is also in control of things here. B )

Then you will be able to OC or XMP... and find what settings work or don't work... if you "create' a bad setting then just remove your MB battery, clear the CMOS, re-install the battery and the next boot will bring you back to a safe 1333/1600 or previous default.

Solution