Question Assembling PC

Dec 25, 2022
Hello,

I intend to purchase a PC because there are more than 50,000 PDF files on my office PC, and it's becoming difficult for me to operate because the PC storage is becoming full, and sometimes when I try to search for specific files, it won't work. I have a HDD storage device.

So I'm looking for an SDD, and which company is best for me? I'm looking for a 500GB SDD.

Till now, I have selected a SSD Kingston FURY Renegade PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 SSD.

And I am also looking for a motherboard, so could you suggest which one will be good as per my needs? And also any suggestion on SSD ram

Hello,

I intend to purchase a PC because there are more than 50,000 PDF files on my office PC, and it's becoming difficult for me to operate because the PC storage is becoming full, and sometimes when I try to search for specific files, it won't work. I have a HDD storage device.

So I'm looking for a SDD card, and which company is best for me? I'm looking for a 500 GB SDD card.

Till now, I have selected a SSD Kingston FURY Renegade PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 SSD.

And I am also looking for a motherboard, so could you suggest which one will be good as per my needs? And also any suggestion on SSD ram
All modern MBs have at least one M.2 NVMe socket, First question is which platform (AMD or Intel) you intend to use and which CPU and RAM as that determines which MB to use.

Dec 25, 2022
Which one or at least which generation ?
I'm looking for an i7 or an i9, and I'm not sure which is better. And I am sorry about the question; I am not getting where to start, so if I get some guidance, to start, it will be a great help. It should be fast so that It has good read and write speed.

It sounds like you want to replace major parts.

You should decide on motherboard and CPU and RAM before you come to a conclusion about an SSD.

i9 is not suitable for most people. More likely an i5 or maybe i7 if you want Intel. Most likely a "13th generation" CPU.....model number beginning with 13. A 12th generation beginning with 12 would certainly be tolerable.

What is your maximum budget and where are you?

Dec 25, 2022
It sounds like you want to replace major parts.

You should decide on motherboard and CPU and RAM before you come to a conclusion about an SSD.

i9 is not suitable for most people. More likely an i5 or maybe i7 if you want Intel. Most likely a "13th generation" CPU.....model number beginning with 13. A 12th generation beginning with 12 would certainly be tolerable.

What is your maximum budget and where are you?
I am from India. I7 would also be fine. I have an old PC on which I have a lot of pdf files and duplicates, so sometimes I need to search for a specific document, which takes a long time. As a result, we intend to assemble a PC. So, my requirements are:

1. CPU i7 or i9
  2. RAM -> 32 GB / 64GB
  3. SSD 500GB / 1TB

It would be fantastic if the motherboard included built-in SSD storage. We have budget.

I am from India. I7 would also be fine. I have an old PC on which I have a lot of pdf files and duplicates, so sometimes I need to search for a specific document, which takes a long time. As a result, we intend to assemble a PC. So, my requirements are:

1. CPU i7 or i9
  2. RAM -> 32 GB / 64GB
  3. SSD 500GB / 1TB

It would be fantastic if the motherboard included built-in SSD storage. We have budget.

Motherboards do NOT include built in storage.

If your only problem is search speed for files, you may not need new hardware. It may just be a maintenance problem. We do not have enough details.

What search tool do you use when searching for PDFs?

What is your existing CPU and motherboard and RAM?

You did not mention your total budget.

You did not mention the store from which you might buy parts. Do you have a link to that store?

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Yeah, you're really going to need to answer these questions for anyone to be able to help you.

All anyone knows about your use case is that you have a lot of PDF files, which certainly doesn't require a high-end CPU or 64 GB of RAM. It's like saying "I need a large pickup truck because I occasionally pick up a loaf of bread from the store." You said you don't know where to start; providing information that's requested and any other detail that is relevant is where to start.

Dec 25, 2022
Hello,

I will elaborate on this sorry I am very confused that's why.

So, basically, we are purchasing a new PC. not only for PDF but also for a variety of other works. We have decided on a set of things for which we are required, so a budget is fine for us as long as we get the PC we need. and it should be available in India.

So here what I am looking for.

Motherboard with direct plug-in sockets / slots for:
(1) I-7 CPU;
(2) 64 GB Ram;
(3) 500 GB SSD;
(4) 6 GB Graphic card (with four outputs / display port); and
(5) Miscellaneous.

So Itill now i have selected a RAM AND SSD on the basis of read and write speed .
SSD
1) https://www.kingston.com/en/ssd/gaming/kingston-fury-renegade-nvme-m2-ssd
RAM
2) Kingston FURY™ Impact DDR5 SODIMM Memory – 8GB-64GB 4800MT/s - Kingston Technology

I have selected this 2 till now any suggestion on this and which graphics card will suits me

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
And what is this "variety" of other work?

You keep telling us the hardware you want, not any of the answers as to specific needs, exact budget, and country.

Without this information, it's unlikely anyone can provide much help. You've given no indication why you need any of these parts specifically, and some of the choices are very odd. Like why do you need a GPU with 6 GB of VRAM as opposed to 4 GB of VRAM.

Dec 25, 2022
The work is to search a specific word from a more than 50,000 pdf So i have a pdf of various personal details so every pdf has a name :- parameter so currently when i search something it would take a lot of time so that's why i want to build a pc sorry for wasting your time guys .

Seems to me that a simple plan would be to buy a ssd of suitable size to replace your HDD in your current pc.
A 2.5" 500gb samsung 870 evo is <$50:
https://www.newegg.com/samsung-500gb-870-evo-series/p/N82E16820147792?quicklink=true
I suggest samsung for quality.

You can copy your pdf files to it or use a clone utility.
Such a ssd will be some 40x faster than a hdd when doing random i/o and 2-3x faster when doing sequential work.

You can then repurpose your HDD for external backup.
I hope you do have external backup.

In the event that your cpu capability needs upgrading, the ssd is easy to move to a new build in the future.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
The work is to search a specific word from a more than 50,000 pdf So i have a pdf of various personal details so every pdf has a name :- parameter so currently when i search something it would take a lot of time so that's why i want to build a pc sorry for wasting your time guys .

If that's all you want to do, then most of these part decision make no sense. You don't need an i7 or an i9 to search 50,000 files. VRAM does nothing, nor does the GPU at all. Just get the SSD, NVMe if it's supported by what you currently have, a SATA ones if it isn't.

And frankly, I think this problem is more software/user than anything hardware related. Organizing 50,000 PDF files through Windows Search isn't really the intended purpose. Make a database or use a PDF-specific organization tool like PDF Stacks.

Reactions: CountMike

TRENDING THREADS