PF_Mark

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2002
While looking around manually for Bios updates I found a update 1011 which said it would now be able to run a XP2100+ AMD CPU. This a link to it

http://download.asus.com.tw/mb_dl_menu.asp?l1=1&l2=10&l3=17&mid=3

After using the ASUS auto update it found ver. 1009 and said nothing about higher CPU capabilities. What is the MAx setting this board can do? and can a Bios update increase it? and if so why did the Auto update not find it? I can not find any instruction on how to update manually and whether I should try is on my mind as well.

Thanks in advance

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by PF_Mark on 10/08/02 09:59 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

ejsmith2

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2001
Yeah, I'm not sure exactly what that board can do.

I vaguely remember someone saying they've hooked up a XP to it, but I don't know if you have to unlock it first, and set everything manually, or what.

[Jedi mind trick] You LOVE Palladium. [/mind trick]

scamtrOn

Illustrious
Nov 20, 2001
as it said on the site, xp2100 is the fastest cpu that board will support. do you want to update the bios? if yes, then you need to use AFLASH and download the 1011 bios update. you take a clean floppy and put the AFLASH utility along with the bios update on the floppy. next boot the pc with a boot disk (dos), and once the boot process is finished you take that floppy out and put the floppy with the FLASH utility in. at the a: prompt type aflash (a:\ aflash) then press enter. the aflash utility loads. from here just read what you see and follow. when you backup your existing bios and are ready to update, make sure you remember to type the full name of the bios update file. with the extension.

<b><font color=orange>*my favorite bum on 21st street*

-please help-
will code HTML for food.
-god bless you-

PF_Mark

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2002
Thanks for the reply I have one question when you say backup my existing Bios is that going to be a choice in the flash program before I flash or is that a seperate process I should do before running flash software? Second question Why wouldn't the auto update have found this insteadt of 1009 which it did and updated successfuly. I am nervous that this may be intended for the A7V-266. What is the process of restoring the Bios from the backup if this is Unsuccessful?

Thanks

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by PF_Mark on 10/08/02 11:09 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

scamtrOn

Illustrious
Nov 20, 2001
actually i just checked out the site, and you DO have the latest bios. so don't worry about it

<b><font color=orange>*my favorite bum on 21st street*

-please help-
will code HTML for food.
-god bless you-

PF_Mark

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2002
Thanks for pointing that out I was on the wrong page!! I was looking at the a7a 133 not the a7v 133. You are right and thanks for helping me out.