Asus A7V600-x Motherboard will not power up after installe..

After installing the board, into my old system, the computer will not
start up. I am using all my old hardware, ( hard drive, graphics card,
Processor) I have gone over all connections and they are hooked up as
per the manual. But it will not start up. The green light on the
motherboard is showing that I have power, but that is it. Has anyone
ran into this problem before?

Dino

try resetting the CMOS..and make sure the Cpu and heatsink are installed
correctly..what are the LED's on the plate showing?

cooldude

Distinguished
May 28, 2004

What do you mean by plate?? Are you referring to the front of the case?

dinodawg wrote:
> After installing the board, into my old system, the computer will not
> start up. I am using all my old hardware, ( hard drive, graphics card,
> Processor) I have gone over all connections and they are hooked up as
> per the manual. But it will not start up. The green light on the
> motherboard is showing that I have power, but that is it. Has anyone
> ran into this problem before?

Could be a whole bunch of things. Are you sure the back of the motherboard
isn't shorting to the case ?
Do you get a single POST beep ?
If you don't get a POST beep, remove all PCI cards, all harddrives and
optical drives. Leave only the CPU w/heatsink, one RAM module, and the
videocard. Will it boot ?

--
" I want to make it clear that DRM is perfectly ok with Linux!" -Linus
T.