Asus a8n32 sli deluxe motherboard overheating cpu issues

jtdx

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2010
Hi,

after many years of heatache i feel I have to have my 'alf penny's worth! I have run many PCs over the last 25 years and for the last 15 or so have had between 6 and 12 on the go in various windows op systems and hw variations. It has to be said that I have in all that time only ever had one issue that has annoyed me greatly. I have tended towards ASUS Mobos in recent years and decided that for the best reliability to opt for the ASUS A8N32 SLI Deluxe 939 AMD cpu's a few years ago when all the "posts" etc on the internet rated them very highly. I have relied on this for server apps at the time and took the long term view with it and made the investment in 4 boards and 3 cpu's keeping one back for painless redundant swap-out. They had all the features required except that there was no way of knowing that I must have purchased a duff batch at the time! The continual thermal runaway of the cpus, regardless of cooling I might add, seem to have been due to the bad capacitors on the boards! I managed to bet some ASRock 939N68PV-GLAN boards and all my problems disappeared! I feel ASUS owes me some recompense as the £40 boards have worked great and I could have saved a few hundred quid as eash of the ASUS boards at the time cost nearly £150! That would have saved some £440 pounds! If anyone from ASUS is reading this and can sort out a cheque please....