Question Asus b450f white light

Oct 10, 2023
Hello. Im having some issues with my computer. I have a Asus b450f gaming motherboard that was previously giving me a Yellow error LED light. I tried both of my tam sticks in the motherboard 1by1 and after taking out the one in the 4th dimm slot im now getting a white LED instead. Did some research and some people Said that it was a vga issue, the Guy Said to try and reseat the gpu and so i did. It didnt work. He also Said if that doesnt work try a different pci-e slot and so i did and it still doesnt work. Does this mean that my motherboard is dead?

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!
When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model. BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time.

According to your motherboard's manual;
page 1-10, section 1.1.7, it's the discrete graphics card.

It could also be a corrupt BIOS.

Oct 10, 2023
full system spec? include brand and model of the psu
was this a working pc?
Ryzen 3600
1650 super OC from gigabyte.
Asus b450f gaming
Corsair cv650
16GB corsair vengance 3000mhz
Corsair h100i watercooler
250gb samsung 970 evo plus
1tb baracuda hdd
pc has been running fine for the last 2,5 years but the last 2 days it just kept on restarting when gpu usage was basically maxed out. Has been running slight overclocks on the gpu, +100 core clock and +50 memory clock. Otherwise no overclocks.

Oct 10, 2023
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!
When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model. BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time.

According to your motherboard's manual;
page 1-10, section 1.1.7, it's the discrete graphics card.

It could also be a corrupt BIOS.
Ryzen 5 3600 no oc
Corsair h100i cooler
Asus b450f gaming
2x8gb corsair vengance lpx 3000mhz
Samsung 970 evo plus 250gb/ baracuda 1tb
Gigabyte 1650 super OC + afterburner oc + 100mhz core clock + 50 memory clock.
Corsair cv650 80+bronze about 2-2,5 years
Zalman Z7 neo
Win 11 home
Mission SG 144hz 24”
Bios version 3003

Edit: do u reckon i should get a new graphics card then?

Last edited: