G

I'm currently using Abit's BE6-II 2.0 with the god old BX-chipset. A few months ago I bought Creative's GeForce 2 Ultra gfx-card, and it works just fine. As we all know the BX-chipset doesn't work with AGPx4, and since I spent half a fortune on that card, well then I want to us it to the max.
So I've been thinking and narrowed my choices down to two boards supporting AGPx4: ASUS CUSL2-C and Abit SA6R.
Which one is the better choice? The price is about the same... Anyone have any suggestions?

breed33

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Both boards are great but the Abit board offers Raid 0 and 1. If you need RAID then your questions are answered. If you don't need the raid board then it is a toss up. I have been using the CUSL2 and it has been great.

My advice to you is that the advantage to the average user with RAID is minimal. I would try to save some money and buy the Asus CUSL2-C motherboard which does not have the built in video. The price is about $25 - $35 cheaper than the CUSL2 and I know you are not interested in using the onboard video.

That is my suggestion to you, the Asus CUSL2-C.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
I second the motion on the CUSL2-C. I have the CUSL2 and it is the best board I've ever owned, and I've owned a lot. It is supposedly a little better for overclocking than the Abit board, but I don't know that for sure.

Suicide is painless...........

LordKaos

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2001
Not a toss up!

Have you been reading the mobos reviews here at Tom´s?
The Asus is way much faster than the Abit!

"I´m Going Down!...Down!Down!Down!Down!Down!" - Joe Satriani in G3 Live