[SOLVED] ASUS DSL-N10_C1 Suddenly stopped working and acting strangely

Status
Not open for further replies.

miloon

Prominent
May 21, 2020
Hi, I've got a ASUS DSL-N10_C1 ADSL Router.

It was working flawlessly and without a single problem.

I turned it off then on couple hours latter and it's not working anymore! What I get is only a power light. No ADSL, no Internet and no WiFi.

If I attach a cable the LAN light turns on but it doesn't give me an IP so I can't connect to other PCs or the router's setting page.

I tried resting it, it just won't reset. Documentation states that I have to hold reset button for 5 seconds then device will reboot itself but it wont. Only power light blinks while I hold the reset button.

If I create a Static Ethernet connection with IP of 192.168.1.10 and try to ping 192.168.1.1 the corresponding LAN light starts blinking but I get "Destination Host Unreachable"

If I use nmap to scan 192.168.1.1 for open ports using -Pn option nmap states that:

All 1000 scanned ports on 192.168.1.1 are filtered
1 IP address (1 host up)

So what do you think about it?

Last edited:
Solution
I'd check the power supply--these usually will fail before the devices do. Be sure to check the polarity (+/- pins) as well as the voltage and size of the barrel connector when looking for a test one. They usually use a power supply similar to some other equipment you have around so you can test it that way--just be very careful about that polarity (look at the pictures to make sure they match) as the wrong polarity will zap it for sure.
I'd check the power supply--these usually will fail before the devices do. Be sure to check the polarity (+/- pins) as well as the voltage and size of the barrel connector when looking for a test one. They usually use a power supply similar to some other equipment you have around so you can test it that way--just be very careful about that polarity (look at the pictures to make sure they match) as the wrong polarity will zap it for sure.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.