Question ASUS Duo users: Why is the top/main screen giving me slowdowns and stuttering when watching video, but the lower screen is buttery smooth?

TareX

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2016
This is an ASUS Duo 15 OLED UX582 with a 3070.... I've had it for a couple of years. Same issue since I had it. The top screen stutters and slows and chugs, but the lower one is always smooth. I've read about this issue online but no clear solution. Any help?

Video example

Video example 2

I've tried turning hardware acceleration on or off, no difference. I have updated drivers... What's going on?

TareX

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2016
run userbenchmark.com and post the link of the result in here
dud you install all drivers from asus directly?
nvidia driver and Intel driver installed from Asus?
bios up to date?
how hot is your cpu and gpu getting while playing videos on the top monitor

Thanks. I run userbenchmark and apparently I'm running WAY BELOW expectations (at 6th percentile)

Also, the ASUS display drivers are from 2021.... should I stop using NVIDIA GeForce and its latest drivers and just stick to that ancient one? Link: https://www.asus.com/ca-en/laptops/...load?model2Name=ZenBook-Pro-Duo-15-OLED-UX582

I haven't touched the BIOS since I bought it...

Userbenchmark Results:

UserBenchmarks:
CPU: Intel Core i7-10870H - 60.1%
GPU: Nvidia RTX 3070 (Laptop) - 76.7%
SSD: Nvme INTEL SSDPEKNU010TZ 1TB - 80.4%
RAM: Unknown 2x8GB - 31.4%
MBD: Asus ZenBook Pro Duo UX582LR_UX582LR

check your RAM, seems very low while running the system, only 1.3GB free of it

edit: if you are using the mobile drive from nvidia , should be fine, but could be an incompatibility issue with your laptop
eventually the top display runs with the nvidia and the other with the intel GPU, could explain the difference

Last edited:

TareX

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2016
check your RAM, seems very low while running the system, only 1.3GB free of it

edit: if you are using the mobile drive from nvidia , should be fine, but could be an incompatibility issue with your laptop
eventually the top display runs with the nvidia and the other with the intel GPU, could explain the difference

My System info seems to say: "16.0 GB (15.8 GB usable)"

Is there anything else I need to do to check it?