Asus EN6600 GT

Hi all,
I have an odd question:
Does the above mentioned video card need an auxiliary power connector or
does it just use the pci express slot?

I know it sounds strange, if I ask it after installing it, but I need to
know it...I don't remember having seen any auxiliary power connector and
while reading the instructions sheet tonight I was unable to understand
this...it is too generic.

Tia,
Stefano

In article <dc10su$2bee$1@newsreader2.mclink.it>, Stefano Ferrante
says...
> Hi all,
> I have an odd question:
> Does the above mentioned video card need an auxiliary power connector or
> does it just use the pci express slot?
>
> I know it sounds strange, if I ask it after installing it, but I need to
> know it...I don't remember having seen any auxiliary power connector and
> while reading the instructions sheet tonight I was unable to understand
> this...it is too generic.

If there's a socket on it that looks like it takes a connector the same
as plugs into your HDD, then yes. Also the first time you try to run a
3D game, it'll tell you.

--
Conor

DaveL

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2001

It does NOT have an external power connector. The PCI-E slot has enough
power for this card.

DaveL

"DaveL" <dave1027@comcast.net> ha scritto nel messaggio
> It does NOT have an external power connector. The PCI-E slot has enough
> power for this card.
>
> DaveL

Thank you.
I really did not want to open the case and turn my pc upside down to
check...

Stefano

TRENDING THREADS