Asus Mars 760 Review: Two GPUs In SLI; One $650 Graphics Card

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

InvalidError

Titan

Mainly because most mid/high-end GPUs can pull more than adequate frame rates at 1080p so testing SLI/CF mid-range or higher cards at 1080p would be pointless for most people too: not much point in having a GPU setup that can push 100fps in 1080p when you have a 60Hz LCD.

Both ridiculously high frame rates and ridiculously high resolutions are useless (as benchmark results) for most gamers but reviews still need to setup scenarios that highlight strengths and weaknesses in products. 1440p may not be a realistic resolution for you but that is what is needed to give high-end GPUs a reasonable workout at levels where frame rates still matter.

lazerius

Reputable
Feb 20, 2014
I can't believe this kind of unbiased reviewing goes on. Look at all the Radeon cards. They all have 3GB of ram or more so they perform better at higher than 1080 resolution. Where are the 1080 benchmarks that most of the gaming public game on? Can't make the Radeons look bad. 4k resolutions for most of the benchmarks give me a break like we didn't know the results before the test. Tech power up has the real benchmarks for the Asus Mars at differing resolutions. 2 gig just isn't enough to game at higher than 1080 and the reviewer should have known this. If Asus put two 4 gig 760's together we would be looking at a real winner. I suspect that the resolutions and settings were cherry picked to make the Mars look bad. Overclocked this card can be the fastest at 1080 or 2560 resolution in a lot of games. The 2 gig per core becomes severely limiting at 4k. The memory doesn't stack even when using SLI. Even playing Skyrim at 1080 on my 4 gig 760gtx, it pulls in nearly 1.9 gigs of ram used (GPUZ) with settings maxed on my windows 8.1 pc. The higher the resolution and quality settings the more ram you use.

Status
Not open for further replies.