Question Asus New GTX16-series laptop

Han Wei

Reputable
Apr 26, 2016
What do you guys think about the new Asus Zephyrus G/ FX505 that come with GTX1660TI? Is it worth it?

Also I see that they use the AMD Ryzen 7 3750H as thier processor, is it powerful?

go7hic13

Prominent
Oct 6, 2017
Hi... I am using the Asus TUF 505 DU Gaming Laptop as I type this. This is my first AMD Laptop ever. It has both the 1660ti GPU and Ryzen 7 3750 CPU. Although, a slightly different model it has the same specs. I can tell you this... My impression of the AMD Ryzen 7 3750 compared to the intel i7 chips I'm used to doesn't feel as snappy. It's good but it feels a bit sluggish. The 1660ti GPU performs well but the laptop has a major heat defect. I runs VERY hot even plying a game like XCOM 2. To make the matters worse the laptops exhaust vents are on the right side which is where I use the my mouse since I am right handed. Very annoying. Adjusting the App settings and Fan speed helps a bit but it's just to darn hot. Noise is about average or the amount of heat dissipating. The Frame Rates are good considering it's a 120mhz Refresh rates. I easily get around 85-90 FPS is XCOM 2.

Just my initial impressions. Overall otherwise the laptop is nice for the price point.

Mar 13, 2019
Hi... I am using the Asus TUF 505 DU Gaming Laptop as I type this. This is my first AMD Laptop ever. It has both the 1660ti GPU and Ryzen 7 3750 CPU. Although, a slightly different model it has the same specs. I can tell you this... My impression of the AMD Ryzen 7 3750 compared to the intel i7 chips I'm used to doesn't feel as snappy. It's good but it feels a bit sluggish. The 1660ti GPU performs well but the laptop has a major heat defect. I runs VERY hot even plying a game like XCOM 2. To make the matters worse the laptops exhaust vents are on the right side which is where I use the my mouse since I am right handed. Very annoying. Adjusting the App settings and Fan speed helps a bit but it's just to darn hot. Noise is about average or the amount of heat dissipating. The Frame Rates are good considering it's a 120mhz Refresh rates. I easily get around 85-90 FPS is XCOM 2.

Just my initial impressions. Overall otherwise the laptop is nice for the price point.
Have you tried repasting? I remember seeing a review somewhere yesterday using the factory thermal paste. It was incredibly bad lol, reaching around the 80-90 mark, repasting brought it back to leik 70s.